Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dualliner's gaining popularity

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dualliner's gaining popularity

I hadn't even heard of this product 6 months ago, but now they're starting to pop up all over the place. It's a great concept. Hard bodied rear, side wall, and tailgate protection with a durable rubber-like textured base. Best of all, I'm finding them for $350 on-line.

Any testimonials to add of late?

Old 03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
HJ1
I installed a dualliner in my 2008 Screw 6 1/2" bed. Overall its pretty good. The mat comes in a box rolled up, and my has yet to lay flat. It still curls up (actually down) a little at the bulkhead. The tailgate cover sticks out at the bottom when you reinstall the bolts at the top. If you want it to sit flat you have to drill holes in the bottom of the tailgate to attach it. Connector holes at the sidewalls and the bulkhead dont line up great so you have to play around with them to get it to work.

Now that Ive beat up the install, I'll say this. The bed mat is great. It protects the bed well and keeps anything from sliding around. Stuff pretty much stays where you put it. I think its great bed protection but it still has some bugs.

Bought it from an online company for $350 freight included. Cant remember who it was though. I think maybe it was called truckcandy.

Last edited by HJ1; 03-04-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Hey HJ1, drop me a note with the details of what you've got going on - I'll get you taken care of. I'm pretty close to a no drill tailgate set up - I just need to be 100% sure before I release it. Pushpins are a sure lock, anything else needs to be tested to before I release it - I'm really **** about being sure things work and solving anything people run into.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I have a dualliner installed on my 07 FX2 Sport and I love it. When I installed mine everything went smooth. The first few days my mat did lay flat either but eventually it went down and now its perfect. As far as the tailgate goes, I just installed my bolts back at the top and that was it. I didnt want to drill any holes, so I left the bottom alone and it still sits well with no problem. If you need any pics let me know. Bryndon, what is the best way to wash my mat. I think that the dust or dirt is keeping it from sticking as well as it should. Overall I give the product an A.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
If it's just general dust and such, a car wash works fine. If it's something sticking harder than the car wash reaches, a pressure washer (manual car wash wand) usually does the job. Occasionally, you might get something like oil or grease that doesn't want to wash off - Formula 409 works great. Even after spilling a couple quarts of gear lube (in my show truck, oops!) on mine, the car wash pressure washer cleaned it up pretty quick.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys forgot one marketing point...pics!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is mine. More pics in my gallery.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:06 AM
I have one installed in my 2006 Screw FX4 with the 5.5ft bed. Overall I am pleased. I like the bed mat and the hard sides. You don't have to worry about anything sliding around in the bed.

Installation was pretty straight forward. Everything fit pretty well, just had a time getting the tie downs removed and the pins for the bed extender were a little tight as well. Had to run over to Sears and get a good set of Torx sockets for removal. Oh one other thing, now that the bed mat is in, the bed extender sits up a little higher which makes the locking pins a little off center from the hole when you lock it down. Still goes in but its just a little off.

The bed mat will lay flat after a good hot day with full sun. Here is a picture of mine right after installation.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I never knew I was so innovative. I've used a drop in with a rubber mat on top for over 20 years. Looks like this place has improved upon the spray in with the fender and front cab covers. This seems to be the places I see the dents with the spray ins I've noticed. $350 seems like a lot of money to me for what it is. However, I have an even harder time understanding the higher prices of the spray in liners. To each his own. I think I paid $110 for the tuff liner and around $30 for the rubber mat on top of it. This has served my needs well for almost 10 years in my present truck.
Rich

Old 03-11-2008, 05:48 PM
When you drop $30, 40, 50K on a truck, looks also play in. Your method still lets the drop in scuff the paint off and doesn't look good at all. I used to do it and lost more than one mat to strong winds on the highway. So now you can get a nice finished product that actually protects your truck and cargo. Simple really.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I've never had a mat blow out on the highway. I've done this over 20 years. I take my liner out about twice a year to wash out whatever is underneath it. I haul a good amount of gravel, mulch, sand, wood, etc. I've never seen any rust on the bed, scratches yes. Stuff seems to collect in the corners more than anywhere else. I bought this truck new in 98 and plan on keeping it for a while longer. I want my truck to look good, too. However, I also bought it to work with. The exterior of my truck looks close to the same as 10 years ago when I bought it. The bed has never been a concern of mine. It has no dents, but usually is dirty. If I was showing the truck it would be different. The simple part is that it's your money, spend it how you like. The cost is not worth it to me for the bed to look the same.
Rich

Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 PM
I just installed a Dualliner today couldn't of been any easier. It took all of 15 minutes to install it and it looks great.This is also my first post so hopefully I've done it right.

Last edited by danv; 03-13-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You done good. Welcome to the site. I love my DualLiner, and I bet you will feel the same way about yours.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Danv, welcome to the site and DualLiner!
Bryndon - Your Friendly Neighborhood DualLiner Man!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Truckzoneusa.com has the Dualliner for $318.99 and I paid $305.00 with free shipping at truckaddons.com after they price matched the Dualliner. Great price and very fast shipping.

Quick Reply: Dualliner's gaining popularity