Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Need Line-X Bedliner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!! Need Line-X Bedliner!

After searching posts and researching the spray-in types of bedliners I've decided that I want to go that route. The problem is that I can't find anyone here in Syracuse, NY who deals in either Line-X or Rhino. I've got one place who will spray a Permatech for $440 for a short box!!!!! Are they on drugs or something???

I then went to Ziebart who claimed to have a house brand liner, he offered to do it for $399, or $349 if I purchase rust proofing. If you ask me $349 is what is should cost in the first place. The drawback with the Ziebart method is that they wanted the truck 2 days to do it. I day for prep, the second for spray. That's an awful long time if you ask me, considering I've read about people here putting the do-it-yourself liners on in a matter of hours. Plus I've never heard anyone comment on it too.

Any thoughts on this?
Suggestions on a Line-X dealer?
I'm not against driving a hundred or so miles to get one done as long as I can pick it up the same day.

Is seems that folks are happy with the herculiner liners too, but how about the longevity of the do it yourself ones?

------------------
My New Baby: 2001 F-150 XLT Sport. Super Cab, Styleside, Bright Red, Dark Graphite Int., 4x4, 5.4L, 3.55, Sport pkg (LT265/70R17SL), Class III Towing pkg with Heavy Duty Cooling pkg, 4 wheel disk ABS, Overhead Console, Factory In-Dash CD, Remote Keyless Entry.

Future Mods: Running Boards, Superchip, Air Force 1, Cabin Air Filtration, Ventvisors, Ford Bug Deflector, Spray-in Bedliner, and Retrax.

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500, Camo Green, 4x4, 499cc 4-stroke, independent suspension, shaft drive, 4 wheel disc brakes, etc.

Old 05-16-2001, 06:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If it's the original Ziebart, it's a good product. They did mine in 2 days too. (on my 97) If it's the one I had, it's actually a 2-part epoxy that has to cure under a heat lamp for 6 hours, but once it's baked, it's hard as a rock! I managed to put one scratch in it over the course of 2 years. If you go with it, opt for the traction grit they can add to it... even with it it's quite slippery when wet. I've now had both of them, and while I like the lighter grey of the Ziebart, I think the texture in the Line-X stops stuff from sliding a little bit better.

-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof($1000), built 11/99 picked up 10/00!Clear Corners($36), Manik Stainless Steel 1-piece brush guard($700), Custom CB wiring, Uniden PC76-XLW CB radio($100) with K-40 Magna-Mount antenna (for now [$40]), 1 set of 165 watt KC Daylighters (for now... more on the way... $140) Fog Light Switch mod(free!!!), Custom switch mounting plate and overhead console, Bully Stainless Steel Trailer hitch drawbar w/ 2" stainless steel ball($80), Gray Tek Style Soft Tonneau Cover($250), Gray Line-X Bedliner ($450).
List of planned mods: Clear tails, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, Chrome ORP rims.
93 Probe GT teal, OE rims painted to match, bone stock drivetrain, leaky exhaust.

Old 05-17-2001, 12:05 AM
HELLO
I have a LINE-X in my SuperCrew and it cost me $419 but as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for" I am quite pleased with mine! As for a Dealer near you there is a dealer in Mansfield, PA that may be the closest-----Did you search the LINE-X web site for dealers in NY?
GOOD LUCK---You won't be sorry with LINE-X.
Dave

Old 05-21-2001, 10:40 AM
Talking

I'm leaning towards the Permatech as it's the only one available here in town. Anyone have any experience with it?

Old 05-21-2001, 10:45 AM
Thumbs up

Line-X, Y2K. Line-X. It's worth the drive to a dealer. You said yourself you've done the research, and you've settled on Line-X. Now you're going to chuck that in favor of what is merely conveniently available? Guys are buying Line-X for a reason, and it's a dammm good one. Any dealers across in Buffalo? Rochester? Across the border?

------------------
01 Black SuperCrew; Airaid, Borla Split Rear, Line-X, Matched Tint windows. Black. Black. All Black.
-------------------
Blaupunkt "Munchen" HU; JL Audio Stealthbox, DiamondAudio M551 components, Kicker Impulse coax (rear), RF250a and Kicker 350xi amps

Quick Reply: Help!! Need Line-X Bedliner!