Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duraguard vs. Spray in

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Duraguard vs. Spray in

Ok, I have the standard duraguard liner. I have always been concerned with rust under it. I have talked to one tech at the dealership I go to and asked him if I should worry about rust. he told me that I had nothing to worry about. As long as I do not scratch it too badly underneath, I am fine. The paint will protect it. So do I worry? DO I take it out once in awhile and clean and wax under it? Then reinstall it?

Please help me understand.

Thanks

Old 05-16-2001, 01:56 PM
BD
A friend of mine has the Duraliner too - problems they have seen:
dirt/rocks and water do get under it - causing scratches and such
water under it doesn't dry out
Had to cut liner to get slide-in camper to fit

Depends what you are using your truck for -removing it, cleaning,waxing probably wouldn't hurt. My friend is having a Line X installed next week!

Old 05-21-2001, 01:23 PM
Thumbs up

I'll never use another drop-in liner, jordan. I was fanatical about the Duraliner I had in my former vehicle (Dodge Dakota). At the risk of personal ridicule, I even stuffed rags into the tie-down openings whenever I picked up a load of mulch. I didn't want ANYTHING between the liner and the bed. I never dropped anything on the bed. Never hauled heavy stuff. The liner was fading a little, so before I sold the truck I removed the liner so I could spray paint the liner and clean thoroughly.
Boy, what a mess!!! THe bed was all scratched, right down to the metal here and there. Dirt was caked everywhre in all the channels. I found screws and a nail or two....God knows where they came from, let alone how they got under there.
You get scratches from when the body flexes and the liner moves. It was a lesson for me.
The first thing I did was get a Line-X. I haven't been sorry. Best $378 I ever spent.

Old 05-25-2001, 10:59 AM
OK, so I understand how most people feel about the underside of the bedliner and the truck bed but come on! Isn't the bedliner there so you don't kill the bed? Is anyone ever really going to trade/sell a truck that doesn't have some scratches in it.

I never bought a liner for my last truck and I beat the hell out of the bed. Hauling stone and dirt with a tarp underneath but it still scratched the hell out of it. Also fire wood, logs, furniture and anything else that needed moving. I had dents in the wheel fenders and thank god for Ford and the double wall bed construction cause there were tons of other dents and scratches. Also, I used a 2x10 for a stop to keep my tools at the end of the bed. All the moving back and forth with turns wore down the paint to bare metal.

When I went to trade it it, the dealer said this was normal wear and tear for a truck bed. Granted, the rest of the truck was *MINT*. I just don't understand what difference a drop in liner would make. Chances are your going to sell the truck with the liner anyway. And what's this bull about water forming under the liner. If you don't have it forming without the liner, how it the liner going to keep it under there. On a hot day it's going to evaporate.

I just can't see spending $400 for a spary in liner (that my frineds have had to have redone because of fade and wear) as compared to a $200 drop in liner.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

------------------
bIGGINS
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My New Ride->>
2001 F-150XLT 4X4 Sport SuperCab
Styleside, Short Bed, Black on Black, 4R70W, 5.4L, 3.55reg, 17in Rubber, OEM Snapless Tonneau Cover, Harley Bedliner
Add On's
Sony CDX-M770 Head Unit, (2) JLAudio 8W6's, RF Punch 150 amp, HL Blackouts, DashMiser Plus II Strobe Light (fireman)
My Last Ride->>
1999 F-150XLT 4X4 Reg Cab
Styleside, Long Bed, Amazon Green, 4R70W, 4.2L V6, 3.55reg, 16in Bridgestone Duelers, OEM Snapless Tonneau Cover

Quick Reply: Duraguard vs. Spray in