Everything You Wanted To Know About The IWE System....And Then Some! - Page 7 - F150online Forums

Go Back  F150online Forums > Special Interest > Articles & How-To's
Everything You Wanted To Know About The IWE System....And Then Some! >

Everything You Wanted To Know About The IWE System....And Then Some!

Articles & How-To's *NOW WITH VIDEO SECTION!*

Everything You Wanted To Know About The IWE System....And Then Some!

Old 02-03-2019, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by xjcamaro89 View Post
Remember the 4WD engagement or lack there of is considering that you shift motor on the transfer case is working properly.

If you suspect that your system is malfuncting and you are not able to test it right away or want to drive and not damage anything, disconnect the line coming off the intake at the check valve and plug both ends of the line. This will not allow any vacuum to reach the system and leave your hubs locked in all the time. This is fine and wont cause any damage as long as the hubs lock correctly. The half shafts and front driveshaft with the front differential will turn but the 4WD will not be engaged. You might notice a drop in MPG, but it is now safe to drive.

I hope that my investigation into the system and explination helps alot of people understand the system and help troubleshoot it. Anybody feel free to add to this, but i think i covered it pretty deeply.

This is a rough layout of the IWE vacum line system. From what i can gather and understand from the vacuum system for IWEs, there are two check valves and when working correctly and without any leaks in the vacuum system they hold the vacuum to the IWEs at a constant vacuum even thoguh the vacuum will change at the intake with engine load and RPMs.

My truck is having the opposite problem. I replaced the actuators and the solenoid and with all four tires off the ground the front cv axles are turning but the actuators never lock in. If I pull the vacuum line off the hub locks in. Seems like Iím having the exact opposite problem as everyone else. Any help would be appreciated. I bought this truck not knowing the four wheel drive wasnít working so Iím getting pretty aggravated.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:45 PM
glc
If I pull the vacuum line off the hub locks in.
That's how it's supposed to work. Vacuum disengages the hub.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everything You Wanted To Know About The IWE System....And Then Some!

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.