Power fold tow mirrors to replace standard power fold mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power fold tow mirrors to replace standard power fold mirrors

Has anyone replaced their power fold standard size mirrors with the aftermarket power fold tow mirrors? A1 Auto says their mirror will not work for some reason, I figure different size or plug pin out mismatch. Just throwing it out there to see what you guys say. 2013 King Ranch F150

Last edited by LOWCOUNTRYKR; 12-07-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:25 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
How about a year and model?

Old 12-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go on syppo.com and check out theirs. Looks just like factory and have the same options. Plugs and everything line right up. I got a set for my 2016 from them last year.

Old 01-22-2018, 10:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LOWCOUNTRYKR
Has anyone replaced their power fold standard size mirrors with the aftermarket power fold tow mirrors? A1 Auto says their mirror will not work for some reason, I figure different size or plug pin out mismatch. Just throwing it out there to see what you guys say. 2013 King Ranch F150
Don’t know if you ever got your answer. Couple other Ford forums have asked similar questions. First you’d probably have to have Lariat or above as the wiring plug for auto vs manual fold/extend is different. Also, you’d need the switch for the mirror/window controls and wiring harness as they are different.
If you could find the mirrors they would likely be dealer OEM and very expensive. I have heard on another forum at least one person has done this change but he put different switches in due to high cost of changing OEM switches and conceivably the door panel.
I have put aftermarket tow mirrors on my 2011 which were manual fold/extend. They were plug and play. Everything worked from the regular mirrors and even the puddle lights worked. Got on eBay for a bit over 200 bucks. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Quick Reply: Power fold tow mirrors to replace standard power fold mirrors