Some Recent Updates I thought I'd share!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck looks good with your latest mods and I like the lowered picture, as well. Doing it yourself means a lot more when it is all done.

I noticed your front plate behind the bumper was kind of hard to read. Have you had any problems with the law on that one? I removed the plate and bracket when I first got my truck two years ago. I have not been pulled over for it, even though a front plate is required in Texas. I was pulled over once in a previous truck, but he let me go with a warning. (Yes sir, I will put it back on when I get home...)

KR-Texas

Old 07-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
News with a Heavy Heart...

Texas - No I've never really had any problem with it there. I used to have it mounted to my Passenger's Visor and just had that flipped out. I got pulled over once by highway patrol. He said that he pulled me over for not having a plate, although once he walked around to the front he saw it. He said that wasn't quite legal (behind the windshield) but he couldn't justify giving me a ticket for it. He asked why I put it up there. I told him that I had it on the dash and I didn't want to decapitate anyone if anything happened. He told me while a bracket would have been better that wasn't a bad idea, and let me go with that.

News with a Heavy Heart...

So as many of you know I've been living on here for awhile now updating things as I could, Twenty dollars here and there, working on her but slowly. Well yesterday on my way to work I was involved in a three car accident. Apparently this Chevy HHR had stopped in the road (main road, 4 lanes wide, 40MPH speed limit) No idea why they stopped though. Well an E-350 in front of me hit the Chevy and I hit the E-350. I don't know if his lights were out, but I did not see any lights coming out the E-Series. They'd be in front of me for about a block, and all of sudden they stopped. ...Anyway it's been a long day or so. This happened yesterday about 12:45pm. I've been pretty busy since this happened so this is the first chance I've had to update the forum.

Oh, I haven't had the Insurance adjuster look at her yet, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to get. But I'm going to do my best to use this "opportunity" to get PTM bumpers with the round fogs. I'm sure that they'll only give me enough to buy the XL Bumpers from Ford, so I figure If I can find any myself hopefully I'll have enough.

So, I guess what I'm saying is if anyone has any or knows of any, let me know.

Thanks.

Well here's some photos...

Here's the Photobucket link with the rest of the pictures (I think that there's about 50-ish) Photobucket Pictures

Last edited by animated_zombie; 07-11-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
awwww dude... that plain out blows ( I have better words just don't want to get suspended). I saw that heading while I saw your plate response to KR-Texas. Damn dude. Wish you the best and like you say, maybe try to get PTM, this may be your chance. Make it into a positive mod addtion Best of luck dude.

John

Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the support bro.

It look like I'll be living at the dealer for a few weeks, so I'll keep this updated.

And to the mods, I didn't realize that you could get suspended for language. I'll apologize if I have said anything in the past, and I'll try to "behave", but if I slip up through all of this please be forgiving...

thanks...

Old 07-11-2009, 01:05 PM
dude that sucks hope everything goes well, try and fight for ptm bumper and bumper pad, and when the insurance adjuster comes just tell him if you could pay the difference for the bumper maybe it'll be $100 more dollars

Last edited by expedition4x4; 07-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by expedition4x4
dude that sucks hope everything goes well, try and fight for ptm bumper and bumper pad, and when the insurance adjuster comes just tell him if you could pay the difference for the bumper maybe it'll be $100 more dollars
That seems like a good plan.
I've never been through this before, so I'm not quite sure how everything's going to work. But if they write me a check rather than the straight to the dealer, I was hoping that I could find the parts I need on here to save some money. Try to get the parts that I really want, and maybe, just maybe make up part of the deductible.

I'm going to call the insurance Lady when I get off of work today, so I'll find out soon enough.

Updates will follow...

Old 07-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Food for thought...

The upper bumper I want PTM for sure, but do you guys think that if I got the lower bumper in chrome it might be cheaper than PTM?

(I'm going to get the round fogs if I get a choice, but do you think the chrome would save some money?)

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry to see your truck got so beat up because it was coming along so nicely. I hope you and your passengers are OK...

I like the PTM bumpers because then you can go with a blackout theme or a chrome theme based on the wheels you choose. If you go with a chrome front bumper, it will be pretty hard to pull off the blackout look.

I imagine the PTM will be cheaper for the bumper itself, but then you have to add the cost of painting. Since they will be painting other parts of your front end, it might not be too much more to shoot the bumper.

KR-Texas

Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Texas - Thanks again for the support. I think you may be right about painting. I think that I'm still in shock, every time I see those pictures it's hard to think that it's my truck... I'm defiantly more of a blackout person than chrome so that's good input.

I'm okay and thank God that no one was with me. My Girlfriend was following me, but she was a couple cars back. I am sooo glad she wasn't with me. This just popped in my head, but do you guys think that I need to replace the seatbelts?
Not that I want to spend more money, but if I need to I was thinking that I could get them in black. My eventual plan was to get FX2 Seatcovers, so the black belts would be ready for that.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's just a shame. Your truck was looking so good. If you are able to get the PTM bumper then do go with the round fog lights. It will look mighty fine with that addition...

Old 07-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by jdruzik
That's just a shame. Your truck was looking so good. If you are able to get the PTM bumper then do go with the round fog lights. It will look mighty fine with that addition...
Thanks for the comments.
While this wasn't how I planned on doing it, I did want to upgrade for awhile now.

Also, not that this counts as an update, but I left a message with my insurance agent today, with no response. So It looks like I'm going to have to wait until Monday for any response...

Thanks again for the support guys.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:04 PM
That sucks dude. I hope it all turns out alright!

Old 07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I've been reading this post for a while now and your truck looks great with all the mods... Hope everything gets cleared up soon for you!!!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the support, we'll see soon enough.

Update:
So I talked to the insurance lady this morning, and she was kind enough to keep reminding me of my $1,000 deductible, so thanks for that...
Anyway, I called Dominic at Tasca this morning.
The bad news is that they are 1/2 way across the country, so shipping is gonna suck.
Good news, is he was really helpful and he help me put my list of stuff needed together. I hope that I can get stuff from them, in the end.
We were talking grille replacement, and I was thinking about the honeycomb. He said that the only one he had in stock was with the chrome surround, and that cost out the butt. Apparently, the FX2 grille is actually cheaper and the valence isn't that far off.
So that may be a direction, I'm not sure yet.
Thoughts, Opinions?
I still really want the 3DCarbon lower valence, so if anyone has one of those hit me up.
Well, I guess that's about it for now.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
I hope everything works out man your rig was looking good

Quick Reply: Some Recent Updates I thought I'd share!