Modifying Line of Fire LED bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modifying Line of Fire LED bar

So I got pulled over by the cops yesterday when I was cruising in my truck, looking for parking in Westwood. Cop pulls me over and tells me my third brake light is out and that my tails have been illegally modified. I told her they were, but I have my LED strip under the tailgate. Only problem is, they are running lights and not brake lights at night. Has anyone modded the LED bar so that they act as brake lights and don't just stay on all the time?

By the way, I understand that the cop followed me and pulled me over for a bulb that was out, and I was driving legally, but one of the first things she asked me was whether I had any outstanding warrants or if I had been to jail then, before she let me go, she asked me if I had anything illegal in my car: Marijuana, stuff like that. Of course I didn't and never have, but is it the truck that makes the cops think that? anyone else run into this with their lowered and modified trucks? Does it scream dealer or trouble?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
So I got pulled over by the cops yesterday when I was cruising in my truck, looking for parking in Westwood. Cop pulls me over and tells me my third brake light is out and that my tails have been illegally modified. I told her they were, but I have my LED strip under the tailgate. Only problem is, they are running lights and not brake lights at night. Has anyone modded the LED bar so that they act as brake lights and don't just stay on all the time?

By the way, I understand that the cop followed me and pulled me over for a bulb that was out, and I was driving legally, but one of the first things she asked me was whether I had any outstanding warrants or if I had been to jail then, before she let me go, she asked me if I had anything illegal in my car: Marijuana, stuff like that. Of course I didn't and never have, but is it the truck that makes the cops think that? anyone else run into this with their lowered and modified trucks? Does it scream dealer or trouble?
so your line of fire doesnt light up with the brakes at night???
weird. mine does

Old 03-23-2009, 02:19 PM
at night they are just running lights, they are just on as opposed to being off and then turning on when I brake.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Ive never messed with them, but if they have a pos and a neg, id run the pos to a t-tap to the brake light plug. Thats how ive hooked halos up to turn signals.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Was she hot?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:37 PM
They should work just like brake lights unless you have a loose wire or a cheap version.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's been proven modified vehicles are more prone to being pulled over by the 5-0's. exact reason why i won't tint my tails.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
They should work just like brake lights unless you have a loose wire or a cheap version.
I plugged the lights into the trailer pig-tail and spliced the supplied wire into the reverse lights per the instructions. I got mine from ModBargains, they don't seem cheap. I thought I had read on here about a guy that had set his up so that they were off most of the time and just came on as brake lights and turn signals.

Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
Was she hot?
Yeah, she was cute in a tough, tomboy sort of way If she weren't scowling at me she would've looked better

Old 03-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by ATOM
it's been proven modified vehicles are more prone to being pulled over by the 5-0's. exact reason why i won't tint my tails.
yeah, but as long as you don't have a pound of coke or are drunk off your ***, doesn't seem that they'll do much to ya. kind of a fun story to tell now. What probably saved my a$$ was the row of lights I have under my tailgate.

That and my charming good looks

Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Mine are run off the trailer light hook ups - just splice 'em in. Just a thought.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Would have thought the line of fire would be a brake light. Isn't that why most get them anyway?

And I have been pulled over in my F-150 when it was 100% stock and the cop called another car over and they searched my truck.

He pulled me over because I had no tag, had all the paper work but still asked if he could search my truck. Seemed a little like a power trip to me

Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would have told him no. power to the people, lol

Quick Reply: Modifying Line of Fire LED bar