Manik Grille Guard

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure why Genuine Steel was mentioned as being "cheap" I look at it and I looked at the Manik next to it and honestly, I couldn't tell a darn difference (other then the fact that the genuine steel had the part that went under the hood... but I've also discovered that that part is not necessary. The brackets have slots for two holes on each side, all you need to do if you want to remove that is drill another hole on each side and stick a third bolt in, that keeps it even more secure. I've got four lights mounted directly on mine and it seems plenty sturdy...
the only trimming I had to do was in the PIAA airdam, because it's designed fo rthe stock tow hooks, only had to trim about a square inc h on each side and you can't even tell by looking at it. The tow hooks stayed in place fine with a little nudging (had to drill the frame a bit, no biggie though, they could've fit fine without the drilling as well, I just always like to make it better)

Old 02-18-2001, 10:32 PM
well i am going to go and check out both of the guards in question - the Genuine Steel and the Manik at a local shop and on a friends truck. Seems that the Genuine Steel guard's mounting system could be beefed up at a far lower price than the difference to buy Manik. But I will keep an open mind and look at them both.

I guess that I will fab a light mount since I too am beginning to get the light bug...im sure that has nothing to do with mudder and mattbert...

later guys

Thanks for the advice

Old 02-26-2001, 09:45 PM
I'm sold on the Manik 1 piece stainless steel. I checked on www.autostyles.com and they have a price of $739 plus $75 for shipping. Anyone know a less expensive source on the web?

------------------
Ordered 1/19/01; TPW 3/12/01; 2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Considering: ARE Z cap; Westin Platinum stainless nerf bars; Makik stainless brush guard; PIAA 80XT's and super white bulbs; Bedrug

Old 02-27-2001, 12:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's about the cheapest around for the one piece stainless.... (That's what I have) I bought it from a local shop for $750 and installed it myself (It's only 10 bolts!). It only took about an hour and a half (in the cold and in the dark) and saved an hour's worth of labor by doing it myself. It's well worth the extra dough for the stainless, though. Maybe this weekend I'll get around to getting some decent pictures (I know, I've been saying that for weeks!)

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof, built 11/99 picked up 10/00!Clear Corners, Manik Stainless Steel 1-piece brush guard, Custom CB wiring, Uniden PC76-XLW CB radio with K-40 Magna-Mount antenna (for now), 1 set of 165 watt KC Daylighters (for now... more on the way) Custom switch mounting plate and overhead console, Bully Stainless Steel Trailer hitch drawbarw/ 2" stainless steel ball.
List of planned mods: Clear tails, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, spray in liner, and a tonneau of some sort...

93 Probe GT teal, OE rims painted to match, bone stock drivetrain.

Old 02-27-2001, 12:56 AM
I ordered the black one piece Manik today from Hi Dust 4X4 in Norfolk VA. He had to order it but said he could have it in Wednesday, $398.00

------------------
Chip Holcomb
chip@beachdive.com
www.beachdive.com

2001 SuperCrew XLT 4X4
1999 Expedition XLT 4X4
1998 SuperCab XLT 4X4 (for sale)

See my 98 on TraderOnline
Price Lowered Below NADA!!
http://www.trucktraderonline.com/addetail.html?639053

Old 02-27-2001, 07:26 PM
GIJoeCam - Yeah, stop tormenting us and get out there this weekend and take a couple of photos of your truck. I'll bet that Makik is hot looking.

Just want to visualize it on the truck that I won't be seeing until April. The wait is driving me crazy.

------------------
Ordered 1/19/01; TPW 3/12/01; 2001 F150 4X4; 5.4; bright red; super cab; short bed; Lariat; captains chairs; class III tow package; electric shift-on-the-fly; 3.55 LSD; sliding rear window

Considering: ARE Z cap; Westin Platinum stainless nerf bars; Makik stainless brush guard; PIAA 80XT's and super white bulbs; Bedrug

Old 03-02-2001, 09:51 AM
An additonal question for guys with brush guards. Can you actually use the guard with the rubber bumper strips on the leading edges to push things. Working on a farm, we have quite a few opportunites when it would be really hand to just buck the truck up to the back of a grain cart and push it ahead a few feet. does the trailing edge of the guard touch the bumper or not?

Thanks,

------------------
2000 F150 SC SB 4x4 XLT
Trition 4.6 Romeo, 5 sp manual, Factory class III tow package, sliding rear window,
3.55 LS pumpkins, P26575R16 BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A's, WMY1 Superchip!!!

Mods: Lund Deflecta-shield II, K & N filtercharger, Gibson 3" side swept cat back exhaust

Old 03-03-2001, 02:31 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lamoose1:
I've been getting my stuff from Trails' End in Fort Worth ( off 377). They are cheeper than Mike's off-road.

</font>
Lamoose1:Ever try Joe's Hitch and Trailer shop in Plano and Dallas? just another place that carries grilles, lights etc. (75 & Plano Pkwy) maybe a little far for you.

Quick Reply: Manik Grille Guard