F150 Dually. Is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2000, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question F150 Dually. Is it possible?

Hi, everyone.

Does anyone know of a company that has a dually conversion kit for the late model F150's? Since my truck is a long bed, I need something to offset the weight visually towards the rear. I thought that a dually conversion kit would be nice. The only other things i could think of is the camper top, or a roll bar. Having a flat tonneau cover wouldn't do much for me. If anyone has any suggestions on something I could do to the real, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nelson

------------------
1999 Black F150, 4.6L 5spd manual, reg. cab, long bed, K&N air filter, Home Made Cold Air Intake, 10 disc sony cd changer, Wet Okole seat covers, and within the next week, a freakin superchip =O.....

Old 03-29-2000, 07:23 PM
Lightbulb

how about one of those cab flares,,like a razor back i think it's called...A dually will be BIG$$$$$$$$$

------------------
-97 F150 FLARESIDE XLT REG.CAB.4X2 PACIFIC GREEN/GREY INTERIOR
-4.6L AUTO TRANNY 3.55 LS REAR
-MODS-
-ROUSH RACING PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION LOWERED 3 FRONT 3.5 REAR WITH BILSTIEN SHOCKS
-GOODYEAR EAGLE LS TIRES
-4X4 GRILL/BUMPER AND LIGHTS
-PAINT MATCHED SNUG LID BED COVER GREY CARPETED BED KIT
-VENTSHADES
-PAINT MATCHED SLOTTED TAILIGHT ACCENTS CLEAR FRONT CORNERS
-BLUE HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS/BUMPER LIGHTS TOO
-K&N FILTER-WMS AIR TUBE-CUSTOM RAM AIR FROM BUMPER OPENING
-SUPERCHIP(THANX MIKE!!) POWERAID(WHISTLE BOX) ACCELL SUPER STOCK PLUG WIRES BOSCH PLATINUM PLUS 4'S
-VALVOLINE FULL SYNTHETIC 10W30
-FLOWMASTER MUFFLER(to be changed to JARDINE system)
-SPEED GLO DASH& CARBON FIBER GAUGE ACCENT HUSKY LINER FLOOR MATS
-STEREO:
-ECLIPSE HEAD UNIT/SONY ADJUSTIBLE CROSSOVER MOUNTED IN DRIVER DOOR MAP POCKET/BOSTON 6.5 SEPERATES/RUN BY PIONEER AMP/2-12"ORION DVC SUBS POWERED BY ORION HCCA AMP/CUSTOM SUB BOX/1 FARAD CAP/WAY TOO MANY CD'S!!!!
CLIFFORD ALARM&REMOTE START.
"#6 STICKER" GO MARTIN!!

Old 03-29-2000, 08:37 PM
I agree. i use a lund racerback on my blown dodge v-10 to make it look half-way sporty. a 700hp reg/cab long/bed (it's the only way they came in 94) looks like a farm truck. the racerback makes it look like a 6.5ft bed

Old 03-30-2000, 12:53 AM
Smile

Do you guys have a website address to the lund page with that razor back thing? Have you ever seen one on a 1999 F150?

------------------
1999 Black F150, 4.6L 5spd manual, reg. cab, long bed, K&N air filter, Home Made Cold Air Intake, 10 disc sony cd changer, Wet Okole seat covers, and within the next week, a freakin superchip =O.....

Old 03-30-2000, 07:40 AM
Talking

Try looking here:
http://www.lundlook.com/products/spo...rod-frame.html

------------------
1997 F150 XLT RC, SWB, ORP,
3.55 LS, Soft Tonneau, 6 CD,
Bug Deflector, Smittybilt Nerf
Bars, Clear Headlight/Tailight
Lenses, K&N Air Filter

Future: Superchip, Moonvisor,
Flowmaster

Old 03-30-2000, 03:15 PM
This is what i've found so far.
http://www.lundproducts.com/miscellaneous.html

I just wish they had the late model F150's as an example.

------------------

Old 03-30-2000, 08:31 PM
do you have a 4x2 or4x4??i really think the fenders are going to mke your bed look worse!!

Old 03-30-2000, 11:29 PM
Thumbs up

Hi everyone.

My truck is a 4X2. Its a long be though. If it were a short bed, then forget about it. It would of been too much for such a small truck. Since mine is a long bed, I think that a dually conversion that isn't so boxy, but rather more streamlined like the dodge rams, would look very nice. It'll also help me gain traction, especially in the rain. I'm always peeling out in the rain since the center of gravity for my truck is alot closer towards the front. I have a reg. cab, and a long bed. My truck is also stick shift, so that further contributes to the tire spin at the green lights when it rains.

Having wider tires would help, but it'll be cheaper to maintain two decent performance tires, and receive more contact area on the road, and prevent hydro planing in the rain, than to get a high performance tire.

If i get two 235/70/16, with traction "A", it'll cost me around $50 each. If i get a 315/--/--, with traction "A", it'll cost me around $150, and it wont have the same life span, and i still wont receive as much traction as with two 235's. Its a very good option all around, the only problem comes with the physical size of it. Is it appealing to the eye or not? And then there's parking, which i alreday have a hard time with.

Please provideme with contrasting points of view. I hate when i believe in something for so long to find out that I was wrong the entire time.

Thanks,
Nelson

------------------

Old 04-20-2000, 10:37 PM
Lightbulb

hey there is a couple of companies that do supply a dully conversion kit every thing you need to make it look like a true dually. try this web site it will give you all the info you will need. on a side note the 97's have a new bolt pattern that these companies do not make the spacers for yet so check it out with them. http:www.arrowcraft.com

Quick Reply: F150 Dually. Is it possible?