Did I get ripped-off on my bug shield?

Old 04-18-2000, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Did I get ripped-off on my bug shield?

I ordered a Lund Interceptor through a local truck accessories shop, and wanted it painted to match my truck. I went and had it installed today, and when they brought the truck back out to me I noticed that the shield was marked with a Ford logo on it rather than Lund. They said that the shield is made by Lund and is the same as what I ordered, but the picture I saw of a Lund Interceptor looks different. This Ford shield seems to lay down on the hood more, and it also has little rubber bumpers on the hood.

Did I get a better, worse, or comparable shield? It looks good on the truck and the back side of it was painted to match.

Also, does anyone know if the Ford shield cost the same as an Interceptor?

Thanks for any info you can supply.

Doug.

------------------
'00 F-150, 4X4, SuperCab, XLT, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Off-Road Pkg., Factory Tonneau, Island Blue/Silver with Dark Graphite Interior.

Old 04-18-2000, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

The Ford one is $70.00 if that helps any.

Old 04-19-2000, 09:39 AM
Well, $70.00 is what I paid for it, (plus $40.00 for it to be painted to match the truck).

Thanks 54regcab,

Doug.

------------------
'00 F-150, 4X4, SuperCab, XLT, 5.4L, 3.55LS, Off-Road Pkg., Factory Tonneau, Island Blue/Silver with Dark Graphite Interior.

Old 04-19-2000, 10:27 AM
Gee

Now I feel slighted since I have the Ford one straight from the dealer and it doesn't have a logo on it. I do like it very much and it holds up in car washes perfectly---Bob

------------------
99 EB Expedition 5.4L with all the perks,3.73 LS,Heated Mirrors and Seats. Everything but sun-roof. Rhino Step Bar, Ford Bug Shield,More to come...

Old 04-19-2000, 10:35 AM
The Lund Interceptor does not have the little rubber bumpers on the hood.
I got a Lund painted to match the truck for $110 installed. You price sounds right, but it is not a Lund.

-jeff b.

------------------
2000 F150 4x4 SC/SB 5.4 Auto, Tow Package, ORP (with the sticker for 2000), Cab Steps, Lariet.
Oxford White/Harvest Gold 2 tone.

Old 04-19-2000, 11:48 AM
Well if you have the shield painted on the back side, then I'm going to assume it is clear in color? If that is the case it is most likely not a Ford shield. The Ford shields only come in a "smoke" color.

------------------
1999 Lariat SuperCab Flareside, Amazon Green with Silver trim, 5.4L, 4x2, 4 wheel disc/ABS, 3.55 limited slip, towing package, fog lamps, sliding rear window, captains chairs, keyless entry with alarm, spray-on bed liner, bug guard, and K&N. http://www.csc.calpoly.edu/~bfriesen/truck.html

Old 04-19-2000, 04:20 PM
Well, I think it is painted from behind. Both side of it seem to be glossy and smooth, so I am not sure now.

The Ford logo that is on it is like it was "branded" on with heat and melted into the plastic from the front side, there does not appear to be any paint laying inside the logo like I would think there would be if it was painted from the front.

I saw a picture today of a Lund X-Terminator, and mine looks real similiar to that one. The only exception is mine is installed with screws, and the X-Terminator is no-drill, according to the info I read.

Thanks for the reply's

Doug.

------------------

Old 04-20-2000, 01:11 PM
Talking

Greetings!

As with most Ford OEM aftermarket equipment, the Ford OEM bugdeflector is actually made by an aftermarket company, in this case Lund. Actually, the Ford version and the Deflecta Shield (by Magnum) are all made by Lund. The Ford version is actually nicer than the Lund version in that the mounting screws and rubber "nipples" to protect the hood are nicer, in my opinion, than other versions. Same thing but different. You should pay about $70.00 for the these items.

My .02 cents...

Steve

------------------
2000 4X4 Lariat SuperCab
5.4 Triton
Two-tone black on silver
All options except LS differential

MODS so far:

-Westin step bars (powder coated matte black)
-Lund bug shield
-Gentex electrochromatic rear view mirror
-Cabin filtration kit
-Superchip
-Stull Billet Grill
-Flowmaster Force II catback (series 50 SUV with duals out the rear)
-Line-X bedliner

MODS to come:

-K&N or AirAid FIPK kit
-Mickey Thompson Challenger 16" wheels with 295/75 BFG AT KO's
-4.10 gears (still thinking about this one ...anyone have any input?)
-LS diff or locker of some sort once they are available..
-A.R.E. LSII or Ford HarleyDavidson tonneau cover

1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco
1988 Mustang GT

Old 04-20-2000, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone.

I don't believe that I got ripped-off now, I just did not get exactly what I had ordered. I am happy with the Ford shield, and it does look good on the truck, (especially painted Island Blue).

I am sure this shield is at least comparable to the Interceptor.

Doug.

------------------

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did I get ripped-off on my bug shield?