HELP ME PLEASE P1000/5 flashing blue/red light

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP ME PLEASE P1000/5 flashing blue/red light

Can someone please provide me some assistance - My wife's Rockford Fosgate Punch 1000/5 is having issues ...

Symptom: No Sound from Amp unless you go to 3/4 volume and only the front speakers - cut in/out with low volume.

Equipment:
Kenwood - DDS9602
Fosgate - Punch P1000/5
Fosgate - P165/s
Fosgate - P152
Fosgate - P3SD4-8 (2)
Fosgate 4 AWG amp installation kit and Fosgate 12 AWG for speaker wire used through out the truck

Equiptment indicators: Main power light (blue) is solid but has a second flashing red light?? I could hear a faint ticking in the

Troubleshooting:

1) Checked ground - reseated at the amp and changed location of ground inspected cable looks as good as new - same response
2) Removed all RCA's - same response
3) Removed all speaker wires & RCA's - same result
4) Removed Power cable at the battery and inspected fuse - looks fine - same response
5) Just rerouted the REM wire so I spliced in a new wire right at the console where the HU is mounted and the light started flashing faster???

Can anyone please tell me what these lights mean - I've looked at the Manual and it doesn't state why the same indicator is providing two lights

The unit is still under warranty but Fosagte is closed until Monday

Old 03-24-2017, 10:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Try removing the remote turn on wire and use a short wire between the amp 12v + to remote on the amp and see if it comes on and if all is good. if not double check all power and grounds including the fuse for resistance and also check to make sure the adjustment on the amp have not been maxed out. Test the remote wire against ground with a meter. Something changed, Is the amp itself fused not just up by the battery if so double check it. The list goes on but start simple first. Hopefully you didn't somehow power surge the amp and cause an issue without the fuses blowing.

Disconnect each speaker and check the ohms and faults to ground. speaker impedance/ ohms to low??
Disconnect each RCA and check continuity to ground, the should be none.

I'll keep thinking on this one. If I come up with anything I'll let you know

Last edited by 01 gt f150; 03-24-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: HELP ME PLEASE P1000/5 flashing blue/red light