F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Amplifiers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/amplifiers-56/)
-   -   Rf punch amp (https://www.f150online.com/forums/amplifiers/315850-rf-punch-amp.html)

scottbigred 01-09-2008 04:57 PM

Rf punch amp

ive got a buddy with an older RF Punch 200 a4 amp. the back of it says its 25x4 at 4 ohms and 50x4 at 2. he got it from his brother and has no paperwork with it at all. i searched and searched but couldnt find anything. we were trying to figure out what it puts out bridged at 4 ohms. im thinkin of buying it from him to amp my front speakers when i get them.
Scott

jmt0645 01-09-2008 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by scottbigred
ive got a buddy with an older RF Punch 200 a4 amp. the back of it says its 25x4 at 4 ohms and 50x4 at 2. he got it from his brother and has no paperwork with it at all. i searched and searched but couldnt find anything. we were trying to figure out what it puts out bridged at 4 ohms. im thinkin of buying it from him to amp my front speakers when i get them.
Scott

*most* amps when bridged put out there 2ohm rating. I say *most* because some are a little higher, some lower. but sry, that amp, i'm not sure.

Devildog101 01-10-2008 12:58 PM

RF Punch 200 a4 amp. the back of it says its 25x4 at 4ohms and 50x4 at 2ohms. we were trying to figure out what it puts out bridged at 4 ohms.
Scott

That amp puts out 100 x 2 @ 4 ohms bridged.

Hope this helped,

Devildog101:rocker:

bbarber275 01-10-2008 01:22 PM

Which if a older RF amp is under rated.The older Punch series where one kick ass Amps.My RF amp came with a output sheet and all areas where above the spec's for the amp.The newer RF suck

Low_e_Red 01-10-2008 01:39 PM

Well, the way to find out is to get a 4 ohm load resistor. Hook that up and run a 1kHz 0dB sine wave through it. Then get the voltage reading and do the math. Do it per each channel and bridged. See what you get.

scottbigred 01-10-2008 01:53 PM

yeah, i go back to school next week and was wondering about asking how to hook it up to check it. so i would need just a DMM and a Frequency Generator to check it? and a 4ohm resistor? i guess i always assumed that output was dictated by the note being played and how much demand was being put on the amp? how exactly would i go about doing this Low.

Low_e_Red 01-14-2008 01:35 AM

yeah, i go back to school next week and was wondering about asking how to hook it up to check it. so i would need just a DMM and a Frequency Generator to check it? and a 4ohm resistor? i guess i always assumed that output was dictated by the note being played and how much demand was being put on the amp? how exactly would i go about doing this Low.

Make sure all gains set right. Then run a 1kHz sine sweep recorded at 0dB. Put a 4 ohm load resistor like you would hook up a speaker. And then grab your DMM and check voltage.

USE PIE and TIRE formulas to figure out whats what.

Tire = Voltage
Amperage x Resistance

PIE = Power
Amperage x Voltage

_____n Volts________
s Amps (figure out) x 4ohms

______y Power_______
s Amps x n Volts

(EX.)
_______ 12 Volts_______
s Amps x 4 ohms
s = 3 Amps