2015 - 2020 F-150

2018 F150 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2018 F150 Issues

I've had my F150 for a year and during that time there has been maybe a half dozen times the truck just turns itself off while driving. I get the same old story from the dealership.....We can't replicate it so we don't know. Anyone else have this happen to them?
There are also times that after the car is shut off for about 10 minutes a whine can be heard coming from the engine compartment which almost sounds like an old fax line. I've recorded it and played it for the dealership but again......... Anyone else with this issue?

Old 02-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi, Espo - welcome to the forum. I've moved your thread to the appropriate vehicle specific section because I think you'll get more interest here. I've not heard of anyone with your difficulties though. Does this happen while you are underway, or are you stopped when it shuts down? What engine do you have? Does it start up easily again after the shutdown? Details like this might help us help you.

- Jack

Old 02-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Thank you Jack for responding. I have the 5L V8 and the car shuts off just driving down the road but can be easily turned back however it has shut off going straight and when turning. I doubt the hissing is related to the air conditioning because it has been happening recently and we haven't been using it. It's been a bit cold here in the Chicagoland area of late. If you can, please throw the hissing issue back out there unless you want the video sent to you so you can hear it for yourself first.

Bob

Old 02-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would demand to have the dealer hook up a vehicle monitoring tool for a couple of days or weeks to see what is going on.

Old 02-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Bob, I think ManualF150 is giving you good advice and your difficulty sounds quite dangerous to me. If you can't get satisfaction at your dealership, can you get to another one who can help you? If you don't get assistance soon, this is something I'd elevate to Ford's customer service right away.

You mention "hissing" and I don't know what you're referring to. I simply moved your existing thread to this area and did not delete anything you had posted. Is the hissing related to the "whine" you referred to in your first post? I'm thinking maybe you tried to post a video and it didn't upload?

- Jack

Old 02-04-2019, 03:31 PM
Thanks Jack, I am going to take Manual150's advice. The hissing I was referring to is the whine and I received an email stating that my thread was moved and I thought you handled that because I also was directed to a page that talked about the hissing. This is my first time using this type of forum so please bear with me and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Bob

Old 02-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Wow. That's crazy.. I wouldn't leave the dealership without a root cause and solution. I would threaten to report them to the BBB. That sounds super dangerous.

Quick Reply: 2018 F150 Issues