F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2015 - 2020 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2015-2020-f-150-136/)
-   -   What has happened to your 2015 model F 150 since you bought it New? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2015-2020-f-150/517449-what-has-happened-your-2015-model-f-150-since-you-bought-new.html)

LariatBill 03-10-2018 01:50 PM

What has happened to your 2015 model F 150 since you bought it New?

2015 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercrew 4 x 4 5.0 V8 6 speed automatic now with 55,000 miles:

Cruise Control Module replaced because of weird readings on dash.

Steering colum taken apart ( because of grinding noise) to find no grease. Had to grease steering colum.

TSB done on panoramic sun roof because of rattleing noise.

All four rims replaced because fake chrome was flaking off.

All four tires replaced because all four tires were wearing on the outside edges and tires are always rotated at 5000 miles when serviced.

Water pump replaced because bearings wore out.

Top radiator hose replaced because of the proprietary plastic piece that half turns locks to engine was leaking.

According to door sticker this truck rolled off the assembly line July 2015. And I now have 55,000 miles on it. This is the stuff that has physically been done so far.

I am still battling with the un refined technology in this truck which I have previously posted about. But hey one thing at a time right.

Bluejay 03-10-2018 02:25 PM

It sounds as if you may have one of those problem trucks

I had a 2005 5.4 and changed plugs, shocks, tie rod ends, radiator flush and tranny flush, battery and tires in 6 years, 145,000 miles.

Had a 2011 5.0 and changed tires and oil in 85,000 miles.

Now have a 2014 5.0 and changed tires and oil in 66,000 miles.

LariatBill 03-10-2018 07:55 PM

My 98 F 150 4.6 only had routine maintenance done every 5,000 miles and had 130,000 miles when traded on 2014.

My 2014 F 150 5.0 maintenance every 5,000 miles and at 100,000 miles changed all spark plugs. Gave it to my son at 160,000 miles and he 215,000 miles when he traded it in.

LariatBill 03-10-2018 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bluejay (Post 5232414)
It sounds as if you may have one of those problem trucks

I had a 2005 5.4 and changed plugs, shocks, tie rod ends, radiator flush and tranny flush, battery and tires in 6 years, 145,000 miles.

Had a 2011 5.0 and changed tires and oil in 85,000 miles.

Now have a 2014 5.0 and changed tires and oil in 66,000 miles.

I do not believe in one of those problem trucks. If that was the case that would mean seven people with totally different jobs all showed up on the same day with a severe hangover and they all were on the exact same assembly line at the exact time my truck rolled down that assembly line. I have numerous years experience in the Quality Control arena. If the processes are in place and real world testing is done before mass production happens these problems would not rear their head in less than 3 years of ownership. This is the very reason Japan was way far advanced in the electronic and digital arena than the US was. It took the US many years to catch up and as a result of that the US has always been behind. If the US had listened to DR Deming instead of sending him to Japan to help them rebuild we would be much further ahead. By the time we heard about the Deming method it was to late and we were to far behind.

2stroked 03-11-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by LariatBill (Post 5232452)
I do not believe in one of those problem trucks. If that was the case that would mean seven people with totally different jobs all showed up on the same day with a severe hangover and they all were on the exact same assembly line at the exact time my truck rolled down that assembly line. I have numerous years experience in the Quality Control arena. If the processes are in place and real world testing is done before mass production happens these problems would not rear their head in less than 3 years of ownership. This is the very reason Japan was way far advanced in the electronic and digital arena than the US was. It took the US many years to catch up and as a result of that the US has always been behind. If the US had listened to DR Deming instead of sending him to Japan to help them rebuild we would be much further ahead. By the time we heard about the Deming method it was to late and we were to far behind.

Most US based manufacturers were (and still are) too smug to listen to what Dr. Deming said. And now many of them are too busy trying to find ways to get every last dime out of the manufacturing process - as you have sadly now experienced.

GDSQDCR 03-12-2018 01:52 PM

43K miles
Panoramic moonroof rattle issue
TSB for IWE and Transfer Case

No other issues!

umpalumpa45 04-01-2018 06:21 PM

I agree 100% with comments from LariatBill and 2stroked regarding Dr. Deming and current poor quality. I too have a 2015 which is still under 36Kmiles which left me stranded with a bad starter. Now the speedometer reads 20mph while I'm driving down the highway in 6th gear and the Trip1 says I'm doing 58mph. These are flaws in fundamental quality processes. You can't have a "problem" truck with an automated, repetitive, assembly line process which is under statistical control. Once I get out of warranty in a couple months, I am bracing to have to fix/pay for all these repairs myself. My previous 3 new F150's were way better in all respects. I told a friend that I would have to start looking at Chevys and his response was "What evidence do you have and what makes you think that they are any better?"

martyf150 04-16-2018 07:30 PM

I've been pretty happy with my 2015 Lariat with the 5.0 V8. Built in garage door opener does not work (never has), even after being replaced. I was thinking it had something to do with the aluminum body. Also, the satellite radio has been acting up over the past year (dropping out, acquiring signal).

B-Man 05-15-2018 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by martyf150 (Post 5234514)
I've been pretty happy with my 2015 Lariat with the 5.0 V8. Built in garage door opener does not work (never has), even after being replaced. I was thinking it had something to do with the aluminum body. Also, the satellite radio has been acting up over the past year (dropping out, acquiring signal).

2015/16 F150 HomeLink Universal Garage Door (UGD) Opener Programming

1. Start with the garage door closed.

2. Turn on the ignition without starting.

3. Press the HomeLink UGD opener button you want to program and release. The HomeLink indicator on the UGD opener will now start blinking slowly.

4. Hold the remote transmitter for the garage door 1”-3" from the HomeLink UGD opener. Without touching the UGD opener HomeLink button, press and hold the Open button on the remote transmitter for the garage door until the light on the HomeLink UGD opener starts blinking fast. Note: during this step the garage door will begin to open.

5. Go to the garage door opener and momentarily press and release the “Learn” or “Smart” button. Do NOT press and hold the “Learn” or “Smart” button as this will delete all previously programmed garage door remotes.

This next step must be completed within 30 seconds:

6. Go back to the vehicle and press the button on the HomeLink UGD opener you previously selected and release. Press the same button again and the garage door should be moving.

7. Turn off the ignition.

Note: It is suggested to replace the battery in the remote transmitter for the garage door prior to beginning the programming procedure.

martyf150 05-18-2018 09:08 AM

B-Man - Looks very similar to what I've done, but I'll try it again with your notes. Hopefully I won't have the same issue with the new 2018 (when it gets here).

Thanks!

serotta 05-18-2018 02:23 PM

I've had the same issue with my 2017 F-150. We bought a new house without a remote transmitter. I called the manufacturer, Chamberlin. A very nice support staff person walked me through the procedure once she discovered I had an outdoor keypad. I took the keypad down and moved it into the truck with me. I keyed the code in and pressed the enter key while simultaneously pressing one of the homelink buttons in the truck. The truck programming button light blinked fast and I released both the enter key and the homelink button. I then went to the garage door and pressed the learn button and returned to the truck to press and hold the same homelink button once again. After a second or two it gave began flashing rapidly again, I released it and pressed it again and presto! The garage door worked with the homelink button.

FYI: I used the same technique successfully on a 2013 Hyundai homelink and will soon try it on the 2014 Infiniti when it returns home.

crazynip 05-21-2018 01:51 PM

The only thing I have had done to my 2015 SCREW 5.0 XLT was the bluetooth module in the radio failed, so I could not play audio from my phone anymore, fixed under warranty. Also had the recall for the door locks done after the drivers side doorlock stopped working.

Daniel Gagner 09-04-2018 08:16 PM

xlt 2015 5.0 52,000 miles

No issues to this point. Tires still have 10k+ miles on them I'm sure. Brakes still good. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Update: 70,000 miles. I've had a parking brake cable and part replaced. I was just inspected. Tire tread still in the green 7/32" Brakes just as good. I'll probably get over 80,000 miles out of brakes and tires (goodyear originals).
I've replaced the fuel evaporator myself after check engine light. Quick, easy job with a $28 motorcraft part from Amazon.

Pretty happy with this. my previous other brand truck was a nightmare by this time.