2015 - 2020 F-150

Where are FORD’s ears?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are FORD’s ears?

I do not know how long this FORUM has benn around but have noticed FORD people do chime in from time to time. We as owners of their product can be the best or worst free advertising they will ever get. If FORD does actually listen then why do we see on this forum the same problem 3-4 years in a row. Ie sun roof noise for example. If the first year of problem does not have a permanent fix why put it on the next 3 years model. It took me less than 3 months of ownership to find that issue. I have read and seen videos of proving ground testing but what about real world testing? I really do not like spending $60000.00 to be a Ginny Pig for FORD. Here it is 2018 and I see the 2018 is having the same problems as the 2015. You may have read my thread about the technology problems on my 2015 Lariat. That is in addition to the trailer tow mirror on driver side makes a noise folding in and out. Dealership says not lubrication points so needs to be replaced. That mirror cost &1200.00. The cruise control module was replaced. Fake chrome on all 4 rims were peeling off, dealership replaced all 4. Said they have replaced 5 sets of rims so far. All four tires had abnormal wear. Installed four new tires. When you pay $60000.00 for something you don’t expect to have thes types of problems in this short time period. So where are FORDS ears?

Old 02-05-2018, 12:50 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
We used to have a Ford customer service rep posting here, but I haven't seen their presence in well over a year.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by glc
We used to have a Ford customer service rep posting here, but I haven't seen their presence in well over a year.
I wonder why that is. At one time some years ago didn’t FORD have a motor that they used in commercials that said something like Quality is Job One?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:33 PM
What we think is a problem may not be recognized as a problem from a manufacturers stand point. Genuine manufacturing issues can be a significantly expense situation. What we read about on these forums could be a very insignificantly small representation of the total F-150 sales that have problems. If it were addressed as a safety issue there would be recalls issued by NHTSA . Others are issued in the form of TSB for those that are recognized by Ford Motor Company.

​​​​​​You don't think that Ford is going to publicly announce that they recognize a particular issue and then tell the buying public what they're doing about it and when the problem will be fixed do you?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by silvercreek
What we think is a problem may not be recognized as a problem from a manufacturers stand point. Genuine manufacturing issues can be a significantly expense situation. What we read about on these forums could be a very insignificantly small representation of the total F-150 sales that have problems. If it were addressed as a safety issue there would be recalls issued by NHTSA . Others are issued in the form of TSB for those that are recognized by Ford Motor Company.

​​​​​​You don't think that Ford is going to publicly announce that they recognize a particular issue and then tell the buying public what they're doing about it and when the problem will be fixed do you?
The answer to your question is no. But. If real world testing and evaluation are done before mass production then why as a now owner of the product am I finding problems in just the first year of ownership then what happened. As I said we as owners can be the best or worst FREE advertising that FORD will ever get. Out of all the years of having FORD products I have never gotten a survey asking what I thought about their product. If a FORD dealership replaces 5 sets of a particular truck rim in 6 months then multiply that times to total number of FORD dealerships everywhere then hello FORD we have a problem. Read the thread about my PVD Rims and look at the pictures of them. Prime example.

Last edited by LariatBill; 02-07-2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Left something out
Old 02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The unfortunate truth about it is the sale is the main point. Keeping ahead of competitors, and selling the vehicles. A big part in that, keeping manufacturing costs low. So in short, money money money. Everything in this world is getting made of cheaper and cheaper products and cost goes up and up due to labor and science. Machines replace people and peoples work ethics often are lousey and careless of quality. I'm only 28 and have already accepted this years ago unfortunately lol. As much as I love to have a fully loaded truck, all of the new features in these newer vehicles is almost frightening.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:33 AM
For several years Ford must be doing something right. In spite of the complaints Ford is still out selling the other brands. When Ford's sales figures start falling off because the competition has out sold them, that's when it start to get their attention.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I hate to say it, but no one has attention to detail anymore.

I see it on everything.

Cars/Trucks, Construction, Manufacturing.... you'd think with all of this modernization, things would be better. In fact, they have went a step backward and the attention to detail has been lacking because of laziness or pushing it off to other people.

Old 02-10-2018, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A perfect example of Ford's current attitude is how they are handling (or not handling) the recall for door latches that don't work in freezing weather. They sent out a letter in November notifying owners of the recall but, as of the middle of February, none of the Ford dealers I can find have the parts available to do the recall repair and they don't know when they will. I live in New England which is one of the places where this would be needed the most, so you would think Ford would at least make an effort to get this done before the coldest weather occurred in places like this.

Old 02-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jr105
A perfect example of Ford's current attitude is how they are handling (or not handling) the recall for door latches that don't work in freezing weather. They sent out a letter in November notifying owners of the recall but, as of the middle of February, none of the Ford dealers I can find have the parts available to do the recall repair and they don't know when they will. I live in New England which is one of the places where this would be needed the most, so you would think Ford would at least make an effort to get this done before the coldest weather occurred in places like this.
I've read on other F150 forums about people recently having the recall done. However, I still haven't recieved a letter saying the parts are available.

Quick Reply: Where are FORD’s ears?