2015 - 2020 F-150

Need help locating a part, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need help locating a part, please help!

I bought a 2016 F150 Sport 4X4 with Sync 3 and navigation. The piece around the navigation and A/C has some kind of hardened adhesive from the previous owner. It can not be removed and looks hideous. During negotiations, I talked them into replacing that piece. This was a week ago and i just talked to them today and they said they are having trouble locating the part. Can anyone help me point them in the right direction? I bought it at a Chevy dealership, so their knowledge is limited at best. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Attached a picture so you can see the damage and the part I'm refferring to. I can find an almost identical one on ebay but it has four buttons on the top. Need the one with two. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Need help locating a part, please help!-bez.jpg  
Old 01-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Pics of truck also, since I never formally introduced myself to the forum.

Attached Thumbnails Need help locating a part, please help!-trk.jpg   Need help locating a part, please help!-trk2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2018, 10:33 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-part...-switches-scat

Item #21. It shows as discontinued but you may have some luck with the part number.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, thats the diagram i've been looking for. Unfortunately the part number shows discontinued everywhere! Surely it can't be that hard to find a bezel on a one year old truck?

Old 01-28-2018, 04:11 PM
I source parts as a former Ford Motor Company employee, this was discontinued. I located a used bezel, excellent condition.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Brandon Ashlock
I source parts as a former Ford Motor Company employee, this was discontinued. I located a used bezel, excellent condition.
Did you locate it for your truck? Or you found one for mine?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:17 PM
Well, another update but no progress. The dealership called today and said they spoke with a Ford dealer who looked the part up through my VIN. They said the part is still available but they don't have any on hand and don't know when they will get one in stock. So what in the H#$% do i do now? Sit and wait? I'm afraid six months from now they're still going to say the same thing. Any advice? What would you guys do?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:31 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Get the Ford part number and do a Google search. You may find one on Ebay or somewhere.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:35 PM
I tried that to no avail, they all showed discontinued from parts places. Ebay didn't have it either, I've found plenty that were close but not the exact same, they had more buttons above the screen. I'm chatting with ford parts directly now and they're trying to locate one. I also put in a call to the parts department at one of the largest Ford parts dealerships in the north texas area. Hopefully I'm getting close. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 PM
I seen similar panels on ebay, not sure why Ford stopped production for this panel.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Firefight373
Attached a picture so you can see the damage and the part I'm refferring to. I can find an almost identical one on ebay but it has four buttons on the top. Need the one with two. Thanks.
I have seen some of the panels in after market shops they specialized in installing aftermarket stereo/ navigation systems. I have seen them in carbon fiber and wood grain. When they are done it looks just like factory install. A lot of people do not like paying a dealership $3,000.00 for factory navigation or back up cameras. Some people do not like the small radio screens with back up camera so these aftermarket people that specialize in this may be able to help you out. I have personally used one of these places in the past and was extremely pleased with the result. I do not know what is in your area but may be worth looking into.I have also seen some of these on the internet when doing search for factory installed Navigation and back up camera.

Quick Reply: Need help locating a part, please help!