2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Lariat crew cab wind noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Lariat crew cab wind noise

Has anyone experienced this. I made a nine hour trip from home recently and on the way back I had the unfortunate luck to ride in the back seat for a couple hundred miles. What a terriable uncomfortable ride it was. I could not believe all the wind and road noise I heard from the back seat. I knew there was a problem somewhere with wind noise with all windows closed while driving but not this. After I got back home I remembered about a dollar bill trick I had used before to check sealing of door gaskets. I took a dollar bill and put it between the door seals and closed the door and as I pulled the dollar bill out slowly it came out with no resistance what so ever indicating that the door seals on my truck are not sealing like they should. The door seals have never leaked any water but they sure do leak a lot of air. Has anybody tried the dollar bill trick on their 2015 model truck door seals? There should be quiet a bit of resistance or none at all pulling the dollar bill out. I have heard others talk about some wind noise but I did not think it was this bad. If you have a 2015 model super crew 4 door cab, ride in the back seat going down the highway at 55 plus mph and see what you think. I now feel sorry for anyone that has to ride in my trucks back seat for any length of time going down the highway. Here we go another trip to the ford dealer for this trucks problems.

Last edited by LariatBill; 02-01-2018 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Mispelling
Old 01-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Your doors might need to be shimmed or realigned. The dealer or a body shop can fix it.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lariat crew cab wind noise