2015 - 2020 F-150

Help with Terrible customer service

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Terrible customer service

Is anybody else beyond disappointed with Ford? My trucks been to 3 different dealerships for same issues and still can't get fixed. One of the issues being the infamous sunroof rattle! Now I'm afraid of going back to the dealership because at 2 of the my car was damaged twice. Luckily they owned up to the damage and fixed it but still. One dealership put over 300 miles "test driving" my vehicle and I had iPass tolls show up at all hours of the night such as 2am, 3am etc while it was in their possession. Customer service from corporate is super slow to respond and just keep saying I have to go back to get my issue fixed. I'm terrified of going to the dealership now. Really disappointing for a $65K truck. Anybody have any contact to someone at Ford a bit higher up? Or suggestions on how to deal with this?

Old 01-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I would get your state police involved for the random driving and tolls.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:15 PM
Regional Ford customer service person got involved in that matter and apparently I had agreed to let a tech try to replicate the issue... However I thought I was only authorizing to drive during dealership business hours. The manager for the dealership kept dodging my calls but then finally answered and said that his tech has a second job at his "speed shop" and was driving it to his second job which is BS because my friend texted me and said he saw my truck at a bar that night. It was definitely my truck because of the color / wheel combo and a personalized license plate frame. I also saw several different muddy foot print on my back seat floor mats, which no one ever sits in my back seat. I didn't think cops would do anything though, and regional customer service didn't seem to care... This in my book is unacceptable.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Some dealers are better than others. You might post up where you are located and see if anyone can recommend a dealership in your area. I had my sunroof worked on a couple of times before it got solved by the same dealer but they were great both times. If I had what you experienced I would never go back to that dealer again.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:52 PM
Thank you ab46501! That's a great idea. I'm glad yours worked out. I assume they did more than just the TSB on it? Also I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I've been to 3 different dealership, Bob Rhorman which put on the miles and curb rashed my wheels. I've been to Cucci Ford and I've been to Friendly Ford. Which I have to say the managers at Friendly Ford are great, but still there was an unfortunate accident with my truck there and nobody came forward and I had to pay for my loaner the days they had my truck in the body shop. Can anyone recommend a good dealership in the Chicago area?

Quick Reply: Help with Terrible customer service