2015 - 2020 F-150

hidden keyfob

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hidden keyfob

I have a 2016 F150 Ecoboost XLT and I only have one key. Is there a hidden compartment that a spare key might be hiding? Those key fobs dont come cheap!

Old 12-15-2017, 09:09 AM
On my 2018 F-150 there is a spare FOB storage in the console compartment nearest the dash with the sliding door. Open this compartment and lift up the rubber or plastic bottom. There you should find a place to store an extra FOB.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Silvercreek- that extra key fob stowage you are talking about behind sliding door under rubber mat on center console is not a key fob stowage. It is there in case your key fob battery is dead and you want to start your engine. If key fob battery is dead just lay key fob in the molded outline and it will recognize your key fob and start your engine when you push the start push button.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by LariatBill
Silvercreek- That extra key fob stowage you are talking about behind sliding door under rubber mat on center console is not a key fob stowage. It is there in case your key fob battery is dead and you want to start your engine. If key fob battery is dead just lay key fob in the molded outline and it will recognize your key fob and start your engine when you push the start push button.
Could have fooled me. If it's not for stowage then why the cover to hide it's presence? You mean one can't keep their extra FOB there? Stowage is stowage no matter the reason isn't it?

That's good to know though.

Old 02-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Silvercreek, I might be wrong on this, but I THINK if you were to put an extra keyfob in that place, it would make the Start Switch active and would allow anyone to start your truck and drive it away.

Anyone who knows better is free to correct me if I'm wrong.

- Jack

Old 02-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Silvercreek, I might be wrong on this, but I THINK if you were to put an extra keyfob in that place, it would make the Start Switch active and would allow anyone to start your truck and drive it away.

Anyone who knows better is free to correct me if I'm wrong.

- Jack
You're correct. The only question was, can the compartment be used for stowing an extra FOB. Whether or not it's a smart thing to do is another issue but I would bet some is doing it. Of course someone would have to get into the truck first which isn't difficult to do. Would I use the compartment to stow my extra FOB? No I would not.

Last edited by silvercreek; 02-10-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply: hidden keyfob