2015 - 2020 F-150

Window seal issue, door physically holding water, anyone have this issue?

Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Window seal issue, door physically holding water, anyone have this issue?

2015 Super Crew XLT. My passenger side back seat door seal leaks, and water becomes trapped in the door. LOTS of water. To the point that every time it rains, I can hear water sloshing in the door when I come to a stop, or accelerate from a stop.

It's easy to remedy, there's a little rubber plug that you can pop out, and drain it. But now that it's summer and raining EVERY day, this is getting old.

I'm out of initial warranty, and I have one of the ECP Ford warranties, but this is probably one of those things they don't cover.

Really this is my only issue with the truck so far, and it's something I can live with, but i'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or may have a fix.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
On my 2014 Supercrew, that plug on the bottom of the door is a drain. The rubber has a slit in it that allows the water to seep out. Might check yours as it could be defective from the factory.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this has been a major pain in the *** and causing electrical issues. It may be fixed now but a pain in the *** dealing with Ford.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by joe t.
Yes this has been a major pain in the *** and causing electrical issues. It may be fixed now but a pain in the *** dealing with Ford.
I'm out of warranty, how did you approach them about the issue, and do you know if there is a TSB on it?

Old 07-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Labnerd
On my 2014 Supercrew, that plug on the bottom of the door is a drain. The rubber has a slit in it that allows the water to seep out. Might check yours as it could be defective from the factory.
I don't think that is supposed to be a drain and I don't think yours is supposed to have a slit in it...

Old 07-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by joe t.
Also, which door/doors is it?

For my truck, it's JUST the passenger side rear door.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:11 PM
That plug actually was told to me as being a 'drain'. I don't think any car doors are water tight.

I don't know how they fixed it. They said there was a chaffed wire in the drivers side rear door. I asked them to show me what they were jacking with and they wouldn't. It was causing electrical issues but they replaced all those parts.

My suggestion is to take out the plug and open the door panel and make sure female connectors are facing down, exposed wires are protected, etc.

i think the there is no known repair, but I know the issue but they won't get paid to fix it. So the problem is never resolved.

So after maybe 10 trips to the dealer and some heated discussions the service manager at the purchasing dealer just got after it himself. I believe he said he spent 16 hours non reimbursed and for me to call the BBB if it happens again or trade it. He gave me a receipt that stated "can not replicate" and basically a clean bill of health... the dealer owner offered a fair trade on it if I wanted out of it, but honestly I like the truck and don't want to come off being flashy at work with a new truck. It seems to be resolved now but who knows.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:53 PM
Sorry didn't answer everything but it was the driver side rear door.

I would complain to Ford direct if it is out of warranty. They know me lol. I said I would post this online and wasn't lying. Mainly because I had to take off work so much to take it iin, complete BS run around but I am very simpathetic being a business owner.

Quite annoying and like I said I like the truck and just wanted it fixed. If it makes you feel any better I heard the newest first year GM trucks and SUVs have had their fair share or worse problems.

Search this Thread