2015 - 2020 F-150

New f150 OBD code P2450

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CPORTf150
Truck was serviced today and the light is gone. I'm hoping that's the only issue I'll ever have with the truck.
Thanks for coming back and sharing your results with us, CPORTf150. I'm glad to hear that you're good to go now.

Originally Posted by greygod
Hey new to the site and was wandering if there was anything I could do for my truck, its got 6k miles on it and has the check engine light on twice now. The dealership was saying it was just a vacuum line and reset the computer but has came on again and is very annoying riding around with the light on.
Welcome to the site, greygod! I'd recommend returning to the dealership so they can get to the bottom of your check engine light. Additionally, I'll bring this to the attention of your regional customer service manager. Send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work.

Crystal

Old 02-18-2016, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine code P2450 at 108 mile

Well I just got the P2450 on my 2015 F150 after 108 miles. I called and left my Salesman a message to call me back. In the meantime I checked the code and decided to check this forum to see if anyone else has had the issue. Am glad to hear this is not serious.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 AM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
Why are you talking to the salesman? You need to talk to a service writer.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:49 PM
Just got the P2450 code at just over 2000 miles on my 2015 F150 2.7. Will call dealership to find out what to do.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:02 PM
I got the P2450 code also! It's a 2015 F150 2.7 with less than 5,000 miles on it. I dropped off the truck at the dealer this morning. Hopefully they fix this problem quick.

Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 PM
I just got the P2450code today and made an appointment forfriday. Hopefully parts in stock.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:29 AM
So I thought that Ford fixed my problem the first time and that I wasn't going to have this issue ever again but I guess I was wrong. I got the P2450 error code today again!!! It's only been 1 month and 10 days since it went in for the same error code!!! FORD THIS IS EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING!!! The truck has less than 6,000 miles. Has anyone had this issue come up again after fixing it the first time?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:13 PM
So I got the truck back and it's fixed for now (crossing my fingers.) But what really upset me was that they put a scratch below my A/C panel!!! You fix one thing but f-up another?!?!?! Spoke to my service advisor and he said I would have to speak to the manager since they didn't do any work by the A/C panel. My advice to you guys is not only look for damage on the outside of your trucks but also on the inside when picking them up.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:16 AM
I always wanted a brand new F-150 but could never quite afford one, until last year. Between rebates and my trade I was able to pull it off. Sticker price was $48k. Bought me a brand new 2015 crew cab 4x4 XLT 2.7L turbo eco boost last October. I've really been enjoying this truck for the past 7-8 months until last week when the dreaded check engine light came on at 9,000 miles. So I make an appointment at my dealership and take it in. Computer pops up with the P2450 code and they say they'll have to order the part and it will be in the next day. Ok no big deal, but I was going to be on shift the next day (Friday) at the fire station so I just left the truck with them and rented a car from Hertz next door with my own money so I could get around until they fixed it. I pick the truck up Saturday morning and everything is good to go, problem fixed and no check engine light. I was on shift again Monday, driving into work still no check engine light and everything seems good. Well leaving work on Tuesday morning check engine light comes back on. I call the dealership and tell them the issue is back, so now I have go back in for what's most likely the same issue as before. I'm really disappointed in Ford on this thing, one would think you spend almost $50k on a brand new vehicle there shouldn't be any issues (especially repeat issues) going on within the first year and with less than 10k miles on it. Now I have to waste more of my time dealing with this and possibly having to spend more money renting another vehicle to get around in while they fix it. Come on Ford, it seems like a lot of people are having this issue, you guys need to step up your game a little. I think I'm going to insist that they provide me with a rental car free of charge this time.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Same here

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, Turbo-trucker! I'd like to escalate your check engine light to the customer service manager (CSM) for your region; they'll look into the ordered part to see if they can speed up the process. To get started, sending me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal
Hi Crystal,
I'm having the same issue. Got a CEL last night and plugged in my code reader today.
Erased it and hasn't came back yet but I just had it running about 5 minutes in my driveway.
Please give me some guidance so I know that my service department needs to get this sensor on order for me. Thanks
Eli

Old 07-13-2016, 02:15 PM
2016 F150 2.7 Started Getting P2450 & P2418 at 400miles

I get check engine light every time I put fuel and it goes away on its own it's been doing it since I got the truck 2 months ago with 400 miles, now I got 4000miles on it and it's sitting in service right now again, dealer says they are in touch with ford to see what the fix is, dumbass service rep tell me he has never heard of this engine code and it's the first time they seen it...LOL ...I'm glad I got the 5 year warranty, first time buying an american car in my life ...not off to a great start

Old 07-18-2016, 07:14 AM
Wow that's crazy... I haven't had the CEL come back on since I reset it with my OBDII reader.
seems like ford really needs to figure it out though.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:41 PM
BACK AT THE DEALER AGAIN!!! The check engine light turned on again, this is the 3rd time my truck goes into the dealer for the same problem. My truck currently has 6,618 miles and last time they "fixed it" was 2 months ago. I don't know what else to say... I'm pretty much speechless.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by xtremeh18
BACK AT THE DEALER AGAIN!!! The check engine light turned on again, this is the 3rd time my truck goes into the dealer for the same problem. My truck currently has 6,618 miles and last time they "fixed it" was 2 months ago. I don't know what else to say... I'm pretty much speechless.

So did they actually replace the sensor both times?

I also have the 2.7EB engine.
My CEL has not came back since I reset it.

I wonder if your problem would qualify you for the lemon law?

Old 07-18-2016, 03:15 PM
They have been replacing parts that have to do with the entire EVAP system. I know they have replaced tubes, valves, and sensors.

Don't know yet? I believe if it comes on one more time again for the same problem, then I would qualify for the lemon law. Cause from what I read you have to give them 3 chances to fix the problem, then on the 4th attempt you can start the lemon law process.

It's a real shame though, cause I really love this truck. My previous F150 which was a 2003 5.4 V8 was pretty much flawless. I guess first year production vehicles have problems?

Quick Reply: New f150 OBD code P2450