2015 - 2020 F-150

Sunroof Noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure it's the front end? I thought the same thing about mine but I'm now confident it's the sunroof noise. I got in the back seat and had someone else drive so I could get up close to the sunroof. The noise I thought was the front end was actually the sunroof.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:32 PM
2 different noises , After owning this truck for 5000 miles I wish I would have kept my 2013 F150.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:39 PM
Sunroof Noise

My 2015 is in the shop now to get the sunroof frame replaced due to a rattle in the headliner. Seems frames are on back order, had to wait three weeks to get it. Once frame arrived the headliner taken down and old frame removed, went to install new frame, come to find out it was damaged in shipping and now will take two more weeks to get another. The fact that they are on back order means many replacements, not good.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Skinner2
You are correct the noise is back.......
Hey Skinner2,

Have you had a chance to let your Ford Dealer know the noise has returned?

Nick

Old 02-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes the dealer has been great to fix it. its just taking time.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Rattling sunroof noise

I also have rattling sound coming from the sunroof. My truck has 3k miles and first time i heard that sound when it had over 2k miles. I couldnt locate the source of the sound but finally i realized its a sunroof. I took it to the dealer. They heard it and they added some foam seal to the top of the black plastic crossbar but it didnt help. Im driving this car everyday and that sound is so annoying. I googled the issue and it brought me to this forum so i just registered and i can see im not the only one having that problem.

Last edited by Lukasz; 02-03-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:00 AM
Sun Roof Noise

Mines been that way for sometime. Has been in to no avail. Bottom line is its a problem that the Dealers are unable resolve. Ford either has no idea or the repair cost from a bad design is cost prohibitive and will wait until warranty expires. Love the truck otherwise. Quality is not job one for Ford right now on these models.

Old 02-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lukasz
I also have rattling sound coming from the sunroof. My truck has 3k miles and first time i heard that sound when it had over 2k miles. I couldnt locate the source of the sound but finally i realized its a sunroof. I took it to the dealer. They heard it and they added some foam seal to the top of the black plastic crossbar but it didnt help. Im driving this car everyday and that sound is so annoying. I googled the issue and it brought me to this forum so i just registered and i can see im not the only one having that problem.
Originally Posted by reilly
Mines been that way for sometime. Has been in to no avail. Bottom line is its a problem that the Dealers are unable resolve. Ford either has no idea or the repair cost from a bad design is cost prohibitive and will wait until warranty expires. Love the truck otherwise. Quality is not job one for Ford right now on these models.
Hi guys,

I'll be happy to look into this further. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer info.

Meagan

Old 02-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Skinner2
Yes the dealer has been great to fix it. its just taking time.
Any updates on your sunroof?

Meagan

Old 02-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
Are you sure it's the front end? I thought the same thing about mine but I'm now confident it's the sunroof noise. I got in the back seat and had someone else drive so I could get up close to the sunroof. The noise I thought was the front end was actually the sunroof.
This!! I have been searching for a rattle noise that sounds like it is coming from my front window in front of the steering wheel since I got the truck. Finally yesterday I read that someone noticed it was the mesh air screen that was causing the rattle so I opened my shade and listened closely, sure enough that's exactly what it was. It was just throwing the sound for some reason. At least I have it pinpointed now, step 2 is finding a solution.

I wonder if we could just remove that mesh screen? Not sure it's purpose anyway. But if you just manually slide it away from the rattle, it stops for awhile until it shimmy's back over to where it can hit the frame again. Just an FYI for a temporary fix.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2016, 01:41 PM
Still have the noise !!!

The truck has been back to dealer again , still have the noise from sunroof . Had a new appointment for last week , they had called and said they had fixed another customers truck and the noise is gone !!!! The dealership called the other day to cancel my appt. The noise was back in his truck . I also called Ford customer service to report problem and see if they had herd anything , the person I talked to had never herd of any problems with 2015 f 150 sunroofs . That I though was a little strange! So I am sitting in limbo with a truck that is overall great other that annoying noise coming from the sunroof when its closed, no noise when open or on vent ..... could this all be from a large sunroof in a new aluminum body for the 1st time? All my other pickups had sunroofs , never had a problem.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by piercede
...I wonder if we could just remove that mesh screen? Not sure it's purpose anyway. But if you just manually slide it away from the rattle, it stops for awhile until it shimmy's back over to where it can hit the frame again...
You might want to run this past your dealership, piercede; they'll be in the best position to advise. How many miles are on your truck currently?

Originally Posted by captainal
The truck has been back to dealer again , still have the noise from sunroof...
I want to do what I can to assist with resolving the noise, captainal. What's the mileage on your truck?

Crystal

Old 02-15-2016, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
You might want to run this past your dealership, piercede; they'll be in the best position to advise. How many miles are on your truck currently?

I want to do what I can to assist with resolving the noise, captainal. What's the mileage on your truck?

Crystal
4200 miles and the rattle keeps getting worse. I am now questioning my thinking that it is the screen as now the rattle is able to be heard even when the sunroof is open. I plan to have the dealer look into this as soon as I get it in for an oil change, but was hoping I had it pin-pointed. It is either the mesh deflector, something specific in the sunroof, or the other thing I've noticed is the headliner on the drivers side is much looser than the passenger, and when I push up and down on it I get a similar rattling noise. I guess I can point the dealer to those 3 thoughts.

I wish it was different, but I can't help but agree with a lot of others in the fact that I miss my 2014 greatly, wish I could have it back. There are a lot of cool features on the 2015, but too many issues makes it hard to enjoy them.

My issues list (and growing):
1. Noisy rattle in sunroof
2. Wrinkled leather on front and back seats
3. Heated seats take too long to warm up - at least 10-15 minutes (2014
was about 2 minutes)
4. Cooled seats aren't very cold (compared to 2014)

Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by piercede
...My issues list (and growing):
1. Noisy rattle in sunroof
2. Wrinkled leather on front and back seats
3. Heated seats take too long to warm up - at least 10-15 minutes (2014
was about 2 minutes)
4. Cooled seats aren't very cold (compared to 2014)
Let's get these issues in front of your regional customer service manager, piercede; I'm sure they'll want to make sure they're resolved. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll do the rest.

Crystal

Old 02-18-2016, 11:42 PM
Same Issue

Any resolution?

Originally Posted by FordService

Crystal

Quick Reply: Sunroof Noise