2015 - 2020 F-150

Experience with Tech Options

Old 02-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience with Tech Options

Opinions and experience with BLIS, Collison Warning & Park Assist?

Planning an order & wondering if the above are worthwhile?

Old 02-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Wife has BLIS on her Lincoln. You have to train yourself to check the mirror warning lights, but I do like how the sensors alert you when you're backing out and traffic is approaching--like backing out of a parking lot space when you're parked between large vehicles. I still pride myself on my ability to parallel park, so unless the park assist is a requirement for the 360 degree cameras, I'd forego it. Finally, as a test driver, I have driven many cars with adaptive (active) cruise control/collision warning and I think it is a great option. My next vehicle will have it for sure. It only takes a second of inattention to have this system prevent you from rear-ending someone. One thing that comes to mind is when you're in line to make a turn off a side street or freeway exit and the car ahead of you starts their turn. You might see them start out and look to the side to check traffic when suddenly the driver in front changes their mind and hits the brakes. In a case like that...Priceless

Last edited by GoingGoingGone; 02-27-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:00 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I'll second the collision warning! I have it on my daily driver and it recently saved me from rear ending someone who slowed way down in the middle of the block to turn into a strip mall. I was being inattentive at the time, looking at something inside, and did not notice her change in speed. The sudden beeping of the warning made me look up and I was able to stop in time.

I also like the blind spot camera my car has on the right side, that gives me a great view in the GPS screen when I'm signaling for a right turn.

- Jack

Old 02-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My 2011 fusion had BLIS and the wifes 13 escape has BLIS and park assist. The BLIS is a nice feature, lets you know when someone or something is in your blind spot. The park assist is a gimmick, neat to show your friends but how often does anyone parallel park anymore. But to get the perimeter sensors (like the back up warning sensors but all the way around the vehicle), you have to get park assist on the escapes anyway.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I was at a dealership today and was told that the BLIS is not available with the Ford Factory Tow Mirrors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Experience with Tech Options