2015 - 2020 F-150

Rear Sensing Sytem

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Sensing System

I have a new 2015 Platinum and the rear sensing system doesn't mute the radio/nav system when backing and sensing an object in my path is this normal? Checked other 2015 xlt's and lariat's and there radios mute to allow you to hear the warning click or tone. My dealer and ford tech support Have ??? Above there heads. Any idea's? I've had 2010 and 2013 Platinums and they muted the radio/nav system when sensing objects while backing. And yes the manual says its to work in this matter. Any help would be great. Thanks

Last edited by mxlchgo; 02-25-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mxlchgo
I have a new 2015 Platinum and the rear sensing system doesn't mute the radio/nav system when backing and sensing an object in my path is this normal? Checked other 2015 xlt's and lariat's and there radios mute to allow you to hear the warning click or tone. My dealer and ford tech support Have ??? Above there heads. Any idea's? I've had 2010 and 2013 Platinums and they muted the radio/nav system when sensing objects while backing. And yes the manual says its to work in this matter. Any help would be great. Thanks
Hi mxlchgo,

Congrats on your new truck! I checked out your Owner's Manual and found the following information:

"When receiving a detection warning, the radio volume reduces to a predetermined level. After the warning goes away, the radio volume returns to the previous level."

This information appears on page 202 of your Owner's Manual; download a free copy here: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conte...OwnerGuidePage

I'd recommend speaking to the service manager at your dealership directly; I know they'll be happy to get this resolved. Additionally, PM me your information and I'll loop in your regional customer service manager. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Last edited by FordService; 02-25-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've experiences my backup camera screen doesn't turn on. Just goes all black. No icons at all

Quick Reply: Rear Sensing Sytem