2015 - 2020 F-150

Plow for 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plow for 2015

Has anybody found a place to buy a plow for the 2015 F-150?

I saw this video but it is not on Boss's website that I can see.

Old 02-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chris,

The only thing you're going to find for late model F-150's are extremely light duty (driveway) plows. The EPS system is apparently not "plow friendly." And even if you do find a plow, you will most certainly run the risk of voiding your warranty. Besides, do you really want to mess up a truck that you take care of the way you do? I drive a plow truck (an F-350), but it belongs to a guy I work for. I'd never hang a plow on anything I own. Too much potential damage.

Tom

Old 02-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind plowing with a 2015 for personal use. The new trucks are plow friendly IF you get the new plow prep package that reallocates electricity to the plow and steering without need for a second alternator. Here is more info and details on pricing.

Contact your local dealer if interested:
https://www.bossplow.com/dealer-locator

Ford F-150 arms winter warriors with plow option

The plow itself is additional. Ford demonstrated the feature this week with a Boss plow estimated to cost between $4,600-$4,800. (Ford recommends taking their trucks to an approved vehicle modifier to install plow hardware that includes an electrical harness and controller.) Boss, which manufactures in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, is one of a handful of suppliers who will benefit from the expanding light-duty market for their products.

Ford’s plow-prep option will be offered on F-150’s with 5-liter V-8 engines with any cab configuration — Regular, SuperCab and SuperCrew. Ford Consumer Manager Brandt Coultas says that engine amounts to 30 percent of the big truck’s volume.

Prior to the 2015 F-150, Ford’s only light-duty plow-prep offering was on now-discontinued 6.2-liter pickups with non-electrical hydraulic power-steering.

Heavy-duty Chevy Silverados offer plow prep — but it’s only offered on light-duty trucks with regular cabs and substantial chassis and electrical upgrades. Toyota’s Tundra does not offer plow capability, while Ram offers its “Snow Chief” option only on heavy-duties.

“We’re looking at it,” says Ram spokesman Nick Cappa. “But the larger percentage of the market for plowing is in heavy-duty trucks due to better ground clearance and powertrain demands.”

Ford confirms most of its demand, too, is in heavy-duties, but expects plow prep to be a hit with rural customers and with metro dwellers with long driveways.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...tion/23655625/

Old 02-20-2015, 05:46 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Fox News had a bit on the other morning with one of their reporters plowing snow around a parking lot at Ford's headquarters with a 2015 F-150. A Ford employee was riding shotgun. The handheld plow controller was about the size of a paperback book and was connected somewhere around the dash on a cable.

Old 02-21-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm planning to get a plow on mine. The truck I just put a deposit on has the plow prep. I plan to run a 7'6" Fisher to take care of my driveway and a second home I own. I used to plow with an atv and a 60" plow. I would think the F150 can handle this with ease. Granted if I was doing commercial stuff and parking lots, I'd look for heavy duty.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:04 PM
I'd be in for one for the $50.00 option. Only available for 2015's with the 5.0 however (due to the plow restricting air to the turbos on the other engines).
From what I've read the Boss plows are going for $4600.00-$4800.00, Yikes.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:40 PM
That price sounds about right. I'm spending about $900 a year on snow removal. So it's quick payback in my eyes.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:04 AM
So I did some research and there is a company called "Snoway" that currently makes a plow for the 2015 trucks.

I also contacted Boss about the plow in the video and they said it is not released yet but next week it will be revealed at some show he mentioned (Something with an "N" if I remember correctly) so to look for it after that.

Originally Posted by 2stroked
Chris,

The only thing you're going to find for late model F-150's are extremely light duty (driveway) plows. The EPS system is apparently not "plow friendly." And even if you do find a plow, you will most certainly run the risk of voiding your warranty. Besides, do you really want to mess up a truck that you take care of the way you do? I drive a plow truck (an F-350), but it belongs to a guy I work for. I'd never hang a plow on anything I own. Too much potential damage.

Tom
A good 7' 6" is all I'm looking for and with all the driveways I'm currently doing for free I can make them all chip in for a plow haha.

Got my grandparents, my parents, my boss, and another buddy that want's his done.

The new trucks, like someone mentioned, has a plow button that redirects the electricity shutting off non vital electronics to operate the steering as well as the hydraulics on the plow itself.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
So I did some research and there is a company called "Snoway" that currently makes a plow for the 2015 trucks.

I also contacted Boss about the plow in the video and they said it is not released yet but next week it will be revealed at some show he mentioned (Something with an "N" if I remember correctly) so to look for it after that.

A good 7' 6" is all I'm looking for and with all the driveways I'm currently doing for free I can make them all chip in for a plow haha.

Got my grandparents, my parents, my boss, and another buddy that want's his done.

The new trucks, like someone mentioned, has a plow button that redirects the electricity shutting off non vital electronics to operate the steering as well as the hydraulics on the plow itself.
We'll be expecting a full write up on how you detail the plow for summer storage!

Old 02-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Snoway is nice plow, especially if you have to back drag snow at all. They have a nice down pressure feature. The controller in the cab is wireless as well. I almost bought one for my Ram, but decided not to, due to the truck (it turned like a bus).

Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by 2stroked
We'll be expecting a full write up on how you detail the plow for summer storage!
Haha I have to get the truck first!

Originally Posted by goldmember
Snoway is nice plow, especially if you have to back drag snow at all. They have a nice down pressure feature. The controller in the cab is wireless as well. I almost bought one for my Ram, but decided not to, due to the truck (it turned like a bus).
I did like the feature a lot and considering I am not using the plow for commercial use I may not need the premium of the Boss plow.

Plus, most driveways you are back dragging a lot anyway.

Quick Reply: Plow for 2015