Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Ford F-150 faq

From Edmunds: http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/de...f-150-faq.html

Lots of great info here.

Must read!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's odd that the article lists the STX and FX brothers as trim packages but everywhere else I've seen says there will only be 5 trim levels, not 8.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that they are add on packages. ie: Order an XLT with the FX trim package.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
I think that they are add on packages. ie: Order an XLT with the FX trim package.
The really don't need all of those packages. It should only be:

XL
XLT
Lariat
King Ranch
Limited

FX4 should be a suspension and tire upgrade with locking differential and skid plates for XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Limited.

Now you can even get a 2014 XLT with leather. They really need to consolidate the trim packages. Raptor should be its own truck.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
That may be an error. I read on Popular Mechanics a bunch of errors including "All engines are mated to 8-speed automatic transmissions."

Old 01-13-2014, 08:23 PM
So now they shortened rear springs 6" to improve ride, opposite of MY09 and earlier SuperDuty. I think it was done to help cure axle hop and lose a few lbs. They also offset rear shocks re axle hop. Back in 04 axle hop wasn't a problem with the old 5.4L.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
The really don't need all of those packages. It should only be:

XL
XLT
Lariat
King Ranch
Limited

FX4 should be a suspension and tire upgrade with locking differential and skid plates for XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, and Limited.

Now you can even get a 2014 XLT with leather. They really need to consolidate the trim packages. Raptor should be its own truck.
I disagree. I've been fearing this since they did it to the SD. Now that said as long as I can get FX trim (on a Lariat) and its monochromatic (less chrome) and with no awful wood grain trim, I won't care. Re the exterior , that seems to be OK (based on the pic of the red FX4 with a dirt bike in snow country!) But the interior I have no clue.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
So now they shortened rear springs 6" to improve ride, opposite of MY09 and earlier SuperDuty. I think it was done to help cure axle hop and lose a few lbs. They also offset rear shocks re axle hop. Back in 04 axle hop wasn't a problem with the old 5.4L.
Power Kid, I think you are are right. Check out what Mike Levine wrote in the 09 shootout.

"We noticed some unusual behavior in the last-place F-150. Launching the truck cleanly proved difficult because we repeatedly encountered rear axle hop at wide-open throttle. We encountered this condition in only two places: on the sticky surface at Milan and again on an asphalt hill climb at GM’s proving grounds. We were unable to re-create the condition on public roads and highways. We believe it was due to axle wrap, possibly because the 6-inch-longer leaf springs on the 2009 F-150 allowed too much rebound."

I agree with you on the FX4.

Last edited by Rambo; 01-13-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:14 PM
I have a question,

Will it have the damn holes under the emblems?!?

With the looks of this truck my next one will be 4x4, 6" lift and mud tires!

Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Looks awesome!

Anybody know if we can finally get cooled bench seats? Super Duty has had this potion for years now but I was told wasn't possible in f150 (for 2013 at least).

Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Where is my diesel.

About 1/3 of my driving is towing and that is where fuel economy really stinks.

This new '13 King Ranch SCREW gets about 1.5-2mpg worse than my '11 Supercab did.
I sure ain't gonna buy a new truck just to gain 2 mpg back. If they would put in the 4.4 Baby Power Stroke it might actually get some decent fuel economy towing.

BTW, Hello Power Kid haven't heard from you in awhile.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey JDF! Been a while. Didn't even know you had a '13. We'll have to catch up soon.

I think marketing wise the 2.7EB will take on the Ram EcoDiesel. But mileage during towing, I have no suggestions there. Talk soon.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:32 AM
Thumbs up

Hey all, got Rambo's message so thought I'd stop by for a bit with the new unveil and all. I think it's been almost 3 years to the month since I've been here. Back in Feb '11 I bought a house, and also traded my '09 Platinum for my '11 Fusion Hybrid the same month. It was the right thing to do, as it's really helped me save money to put towards the mortgage. In saying that, as nice of a car as it is, I have no love for it like I did my 4 F-150's over the years. There's nothing I'd rather drive than an F150, but I want to get myself on very firm financial ground before going there again. In just 3 years, I've paid off almost half of my mortgage and I only have a basic retail job, so you can see my commitment towards the goal of owning my home outright as soon as possible.

As far as the 2015 goes... sweetness.

I really like the exterior, especially the front end with the new headlights and grille on the higher-end models. The heads and tails are really sweet, as are all the new things like the tailgate options, cameras everywhere, etc. There don't seem to be too many interior shots yet, but from what I've seen it looks nice, though certainly a different look with those rectangular vents. Unfortunately, it looks like they still haven't figured out how to get any Upfitter Switches in there. I'd be all over another Platinum if I was still young with no house like I was before with all my other F-150's, but I'll have to leave it to others to enjoy this next iteration. On Sept. 7th I'll be 50% paid off on my house which I think is darn good, so I really need to stay strong and keep my willpower focused on that goal. I recall a couple years back telling my wife my goal was to hit 50% right around the time of my best guesstimate for the new F150 release to keep me focused on my goal, looks like my timing was pretty good.

Up to 700lb's off; and Ford finally realized LED's actually exist... damn, that's sweet. I assume keyless ignition. Sliding rear window different? Looks it. Auto-Parallel parking. Heated steering wheel. Those headlights are fantastic. No! Stop! Keep me away from it, the temptation just from watching the videos alone...

Old 01-16-2014, 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Hey all, got Rambo's message so thought I'd stop by for a bit with the new unveil and all. I think it's been almost 3 years to the month since I've been here. Back in Feb '11 I bought a house, and also traded my '09 Platinum for my '11 Fusion Hybrid the same month. It was the right thing to do, as it's really helped me save money to put towards the mortgage. In saying that, as nice of a car as it is, I have no love for it like I did my 4 F-150's over the years. There's nothing I'd rather drive than an F150, but I want to get myself on very firm financial ground before going there again. In just 3 years, I've paid off almost half of my mortgage and I only have a basic retail job, so you can see my commitment towards the goal of owning my home outright as soon as possible.

As far as the 2015 goes... sweetness.

I really like the exterior, especially the front end with the new headlights and grille on the higher-end models. The heads and tails are really sweet, as are all the new things like the tailgate options, cameras everywhere, etc. There don't seem to be too many interior shots yet, but from what I've seen it looks nice, though certainly a different look with those rectangular vents. Unfortunately, it looks like they still haven't figured out how to get any Upfitter Switches in there. I'd be all over another Platinum if I was still young with no house like I was before with all my other F-150's, but I'll have to leave it to others to enjoy this next iteration. On Sept. 7th I'll be 50% paid off on my house which I think is darn good, so I really need to stay strong and keep my willpower focused on that goal. I recall a couple years back telling my wife my goal was to hit 50% right around the time of my best guesstimate for the new F150 release to keep me focused on my goal, looks like my timing was pretty good.

Up to 700lb's off; and Ford finally realized LED's actually exist... damn, that's sweet. I assume keyless ignition. Sliding rear window different? Looks it. Auto-Parallel parking. Heated steering wheel. Those headlights are fantastic. No! Stop! Keep me away from it, the temptation just from watching the videos alone...

back CometFlash. I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Keep setting goals for yourself and you'll be back in a F-150 in no time.

Last edited by Rambo; 01-16-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ford F-150 faq