2015 - 2020 F-150

More 2015 Spy Photos

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ya think those rear wheel-well inserts will fit our trucks. I would like a set of those!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol anyone else see the driver in that first photo!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
Doubtful. The new 3.0L Ecodiesel has 240Hp/420Tq and adds $3000 over the Hemi and will get mid-20s and will require the urea solution etc to meet emissions requirements. Compare it to the EB which has 120Hp more and the same torque, only add a few hundred $$$ to the sticker, runs on 87 octane and has simple maintenance costs. Do the math, you will pick up 3-4 MPG tops but will require a fuel that is ~$.40/gallon more expensive, the motor price will be several thousand dollars more expensive and the maintenance costs will be higher on the diesel. The break even point on this motor will be somewhere north of 10 years and 300,000 miles, by that time the Mopar body that contains it will have rusted away twice.

Go ahead and keep preaching about how foolish it is not to offer something that will never pay itself off. The rest of us will mention something about a fool and their money...
Totally agree with you but majority of people out there today live paycheck to paycheck and day by day if they can drive a dodge diesel that gets 25 to 27 city mpg or a Ford ecoboost that gets 15 to 17 city there going with the dodge and keep it 5 years and on to the next thing. There not worried about anything paying for its self as long as it gave them good service while they owned it.. its a shame but most people live for today and not the future..

Old 09-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure about the aluminum. Aluminum corrodes badly. I had some campers that used aluminum parts and they all corroded badly. Eventually the corrosion will eat the aluminum away just like steel and rust. Aluminum corrosion just looks better being a stain like white look. Of course it can be delt the same way as rust is. That is coating the metal with a protective layer.

Unfortunately many parts for campers aren't coated.

I may wait a while before going with an aluminum truck as I'm sure there's going to be some issues.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Picked up a set of Rugged Liner WWF15004 Rear Wheel Well Inner Liners. One of the reviewers said that they are optional when you order the new Ford F150 Models.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 AM
To Hell With Fuel Economy, Sorry To Say But I Personally Would Not Give Up The Hotness Of My Truck To Save Alil Gas, And That's Just What's Goin On In My Eyes With Those Sickly Small Looking Rims And Tires. Hell, If I could I Would Be Driving My Girl Around With Monster Truck Tires And A 2ft Lift, Lol. But That's Just Me!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Up
Not sure about the aluminum. Aluminum corrodes badly. I had some campers that used aluminum parts and they all corroded badly. Eventually the corrosion will eat the aluminum away just like steel and rust. Aluminum corrosion just looks better being a stain like white look. Of course it can be delt the same way as rust is. That is coating the metal with a protective layer.

Unfortunately many parts for campers aren't coated.

I may wait a while before going with an aluminum truck as I'm sure there's going to be some issues.
The superstructure of most modern ship is all aluminum. The hulls of new ships are aluminum. If they can survive living in salt water then a truck will not have a problem as long as the aluminum is properly coated or a better grade of aluminum is used. The parts on your camper was probably cheap *** 1000 series bare aluminum. It's light, cheap and doesn't last. A beer can is made from better material. Now, if they had used a 2000or 7000 series it would have lasted much better. Something like a 5000 series would last longer than you want to own that camper.

Performance cars have been using aluminum body panels forever. It's not that big of deal. They also haven't said what parts they will be making from aluminum. If they only changed the body, interior and engine bay brackets from steel to aluminum there would be a lot of weight cut. The exterior body panels could also be changed and the truck's safety and capability would not be altered a bit. In fact, it could improve. Right now the max payload is a problem when hooking up to a heavy trailer. If the sub-structure stayed the same the trailer and body lost 600 pounds that weight could be legally towed since the ratings could be upped.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Thumbs up

Hey Ford looking to buy a 2016 f150 it would be so nice if you came back with the 02,03 paint color code sn sonic blue for the 2016 model year fx4 with a diesel engine !! Boy would I be a happy man I think with a lot of others to join me. THANKS FORD!!

Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:56 PM

We're still so far away from getting the new ones . . .

Quick Reply: More 2015 Spy Photos