2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 - Windshield Wipers randomly not turning off

Old 01-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 - Windshield Wipers randomly not turning off

I have an issue where randomly, my windshield wipers will just turn on when activating turn signals. Other times, after using the wipers, they won't turn off. Consistently they will stay on the slowest intermittent setting.

I have come up with a way to make it stop: Turn them on full, then slowly back it down to off, one notch at a time, letting it run in each setting.

This JUST started happening, and I found very little references online about it.

2015 F150 XLT 5.0 SCREW 4x2 62,000 miles

Happening to anyone else?

Old 01-28-2018, 10:41 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Sounds like you have an issue with the multifunction switch.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first thread I've come to on this matter. I too have a '15 and the same problem. I thought it was a very dirty ground terminal on battery, but after cleaning that up, problem persists. I hope that a 3 year old top selling vehicle isn't having a problem with the MFS. I hope there are more answers on the forum . . .

Old 07-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Old 08-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having spent 38 years in the business and 34 with the same manufacturer I can say that when it comes to a switch failure it is usually the fault of the operator. We would see numerous turn signal or wiper switch failures on some cars and none on the majority of vehicles using the same switch. My sister being one of the people with switch issues. Some lndividuals have no feeling or finesse and smack the switches or just use to much leverage and the housing loosens enough for a malfunction and in the worst cases the switches actually get broken. Don’t get me started on the people that use them as “coat/purse hooks”. Yes, people hang s#&t from them and wonder why they break.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Knebrdr
Having spent 38 years in the business and 34 with the same manufacturer I can say that when it comes to a switch failure it is usually the fault of the operator. We would see numerous turn signal or wiper switch failures on some cars and none on the majority of vehicles using the same switch. My sister being one of the people with switch issues. Some lndividuals have no feeling or finesse and smack the switches or just use to much leverage and the housing loosens enough for a malfunction and in the worst cases the switches actually get broken. Don’t get me started on the people that use them as “coat/purse hooks”. Yes, people hang s#&t from them and wonder why they break.
Anyone else out there with some real advise, not nonsense?

When I first reported this, it was happening very infrequently, now it's nonstop. As soon as the vehicle starts.

It's got nothing to do with how hard, or not, I actuate the wiper function. In fact, prior to this occuring, I rarely even use the wipers because it hadn't been raiing in weeks, let alone "actuate them roughly" or whatever you said...

Last edited by crazynip; 08-13-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Multi****ion switch. $25 on amazon. very easy to replace. Common across many ford platforms. See my post https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...er-switch.html

Old 10-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the reasons that I joined this forum was for this very issue. The wipers on my 2016 F150 sometimes stay on intermittently even after switching them off. If I turn the switch all the way to full speed and then bring it back to the off position, it will eventually stop, but I have no doubt that this is going to get worse over time. Unlike what that previous posted said about the user usually being the cause, I heartily disagree. Having been in the electronics industry for my entire career, I know it pays to be gentle with switches. In this case, I would call it an early failure that's due to poor design or manufacture. If it was designed correctly and properly qualified, it would have gone through many thousands of switch actuations to test it's durability.

It sounds like the fix is pretty easy, so I'm glad I checked in and found this. The value of this forum is already obvious.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 - Windshield Wipers randomly not turning off