2015 - 2020 F-150

Picking up New truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picking up New truck ?

Picking up my 2018 King Ranch 5.0 in 5 days any thing i should look for in paint or Mechanical ?
Thanks Dan

Old 03-25-2018, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I’ve noticed on the newer trucks the paint appears to chip on the aluminum beds easier. Check fit and finish issues. Along the wheelwells and the bottom of the bed there appears to be some gaps. I had a couple areas with in excess of .030 thousandths gap. Most were sealed when I had the spray in bedliner done. Also, seat comfort on the models with heated seats. As yours is heated and cooled i haven’t heard of it being an issue. My 2011 with no heated seats was definitely more comfortable than my new 2018. I think this is due to the thickness/material between th cushion and the heater coils. Doesn’t appear to be sufficient. Just give the truck a good once over but don’t sweat most issues. Plenty of time to get the dealer to work out any kinks. Enjoy the ride.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give it good check for paint flaws, chips, scratches etc. It's a whole lot easier to get them fixed now instead of later on. Once you leave the lot with it the dealership is going to say that you scratched the truck, not their problem.

Anything mechanical the factory warranty will cover so you have plenty of time. The cosmetic flaws are what's important to catch when you pick it up.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have one basic rule with new vehicles. I do not accept "dealership repaired paint." After spending way too many years in the painting business, I know what it takes to paint a vehicle properly. And I also know that no dealer or local body shop can even come close to matching the factory process. So I go over any new vehicle with a fine tooth comb. If there are any paint defects that need repairing, I refuse to accept the vehicle and request that another one be ordered. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Picking up New truck ?