2015 - 2020 F-150

3.5 EB Lariat Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 3.5 EB Lariat Battery Replacement

Has anyone had to replace the factory battery in a 2015+ truck. Is it AGM? I saw the size listed as H8 or H7. Mine is going according to the dealer and the last few starts have been weak. Trying to plot out what I need to replace it with and whether I am going with Costco, Walmart or something else like Optima, Interstate or Odyssey.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The difference between the H7 and H8 is the amp rating. With a Walmart Maxx battery, that's 790 amps vs 900. I always go for more but it's not a requirement. Avoid the Optima batteries. Since they moved production to Mexico the life expectancy has fallen to under 2 years, averagely. I've never had any problems with Walmart making good any battery I've had problems with. The one in my Bronco is now 11 years old and going strong....today, anyway.The Maxx batteries are all I use and I rarely have battery issues. The Maxx batteries are made by Johnson Controls who makes most branded batteries you'll buy. Why pay more for the same battery with a different label?

Old 10-24-2017, 12:17 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
It's expensive, but the Odyssey batteries are the best out there.

I assume the battery you have is not covered by warranty?

Old 10-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
The difference between the H7 and H8 is the amp rating. With a Walmart Maxx battery, that's 790 amps vs 900. I always go for more but it's not a requirement. Avoid the Optima batteries. Since they moved production to Mexico the life expectancy has fallen to under 2 years, averagely. I've never had any problems with Walmart making good any battery I've had problems with. The one in my Bronco is now 11 years old and going strong....today, anyway.The Maxx batteries are all I use and I rarely have battery issues. The Maxx batteries are made by Johnson Controls who makes most branded batteries you'll buy. Why pay more for the same battery with a different label?
Exactly. Go with the Walmart Maxx battery.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trucks with the auto start/stop feature get AGM batteries. If yours has that, it should get the AGM battery. Otherwise a normal lead acid is fine.