2015 - 2020 F-150

Every had your F-150 stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:48 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Every had your F-150 stolen?

I've been fortunate enough to never have my vehicle stolen. And unless you count having my parking change stolen out of an unlocked car — and I don't — I've never had any of my vehicles messed with at all. But on the HP right now, there are two stories about a rise in F-150 thefts, one is about the general trend, and one about how they're the number one stolen vehicle in a CO town. Now obviously, given the popularity of the truck, there's a numbers game at play here. But it made me wonder... How many members have had their truck stolen? Did you get it back?

Old 09-13-2017, 04:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had any vehicle I have owned stolen. I did have my 2005 F150 broken into years ago while in St Louis for a wedding and staying at a Hampton Inn. They ripped out my sound system and damaged the door. Really sucked but at least I didn't have to walk home!

Old 09-13-2017, 05:27 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah, and I almost went to prison for it. I had met family in San Antonio at a seafood place for lunch. I parked my Supercrew where it was visible from most any direction. Came out 2 hours later and I saw it driving off. Got on the cellphone so the police could catch the idiot only to find there was an undercover bunch watching the parking lot due to all of the stolen cars they've had from that place. The cops showed up in seconds and told me they watched the guy break into the truck and drive off. I went ballistic and had it not been for a cousin, I would have beat 2 cops to death. I have zero respect for the local police. They are the definition of historians. Never got the truck back or anything of the gear, laptop, etc that was in the truck. Then again, the local police couldn't have found it if it was parked in the police parking lot.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 PM
One great thing with the 17s and 18s is they have sync connect as a option. You can track the truck down to an exact address with the app.

But no ive been extremley lucky and never had one stolen or broke into.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Yeah, and I almost went to prison for it. I had met family in San Antonio at a seafood place for lunch. I parked my Supercrew where it was visible from most any direction. Came out 2 hours later and I saw it driving off. Got on the cellphone so the police could catch the idiot only to find there was an undercover bunch watching the parking lot due to all of the stolen cars they've had from that place. The cops showed up in seconds and told me they watched the guy break into the truck and drive off. I went ballistic and had it not been for a cousin, I would have beat 2 cops to death. I have zero respect for the local police. They are the definition of historians. Never got the truck back or anything of the gear, laptop, etc that was in the truck. Then again, the local police couldn't have found it if it was parked in the police parking lot.
They were probably looking for the 'boss' and didn't want to blow the investigation.

I kinda echo your sentiment though.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:06 PM
F150 Town Crier
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
One great thing with the 17s and 18s is they have sync connect as a option. You can track the truck down to an exact address with the app.

But no ive been extremley lucky and never had one stolen or broke into.
This is an awesome feature. Like built-in LoJack! Or Find my iPhone, which I've found works great.