2015 - 2020 F-150

Console lighting for gear shift

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Console lighting for gear shift

Mornin' please bear with me...Fairly new to Forums...just bought a 2017 King Ranch 2 days ago...still learning about it...I have searched my owners manual, but can't find out ...is there supposed to be a light on the center console that lights up to show what gear you are in (i.e P.R, N, D etc. ) Have not driven it enough to know all I am supposed to know yet. ...but I love my truck. we traded our F-150 2013 for this one, and if I recall right, that console did light up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 07-13-2017, 04:44 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Seems to me there should be a gear indicator somewhere in the dash.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Seems to me there should be a gear indicator somewhere in the dash.

Thanks glc...there is ...but I just like seeing it also on the console...because I wear glasses for driving (distance) but if I want to read everything on the instrument panel I have to remove my glasses (to see close up) I can't win for losing. I went by the dealership today, and was told...."they must have done away with it (lighting up) on the center console. Thanks again.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Do what I do - get bifocals for driving.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Do what I do - get bifocals for driving.
...No, not gonna do that. done had my left eye lasered......then had cataract surgery on both, then Lasik on the left...and even now I need glasses I think for this left eye...it is like I am looking thru a lens smeared with Vaseline...I guess I will just have to lean in further to the inst. panel. Have a good weekend.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:03 PM
I have a 2017 Lariat so I will assume your KR is the same. The PRNDM marking on the center console is not lighted. It's duplicated at the bottom of the instrument panel "productivity display" between the speedo and tach. If you're in "D", tap the +/- rocker at the top of the gearshift. A vertical column will be displayed to the right of the speedo, showing which gear is in use. (The +/- rocker lets you subtract or add the top gear used). The shift mode (Tow or Sport if selected) is displayed to the right.

In manual "M" mode, the PRNDM display shows the selected gear (M1, M2, M3....) Hope this helps, go try it

Last edited by kenish; 08-07-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Thumbs up console lighting

Originally Posted by kenish
I have a 2017 Lariat so I will assume your KR is the same. The PRNDM marking on the center console is not lighted. It's duplicated at the bottom of the instrument panel "productivity display" between the speedo and tach. If you're in "D", tap the +/- rocker at the top of the gearshift. A vertical column will be displayed to the right of the speedo, showing which gear is in use. (The +/- rocker lets you subtract or add the top gear used). The shift mode (Tow or Sport if selected) is displayed to the right.

In manual "M" mode, the PRNDM display shows the selected gear (M1, M2, M3....) Hope this helps, go try it

Thanks kenish....my console does have the PRNDL on the console to the left of my shifter...it just doesn't light up...and I didn't know if it was supposed to or a bulb may have burned out....I went to the dealer...and was told that there was no light in the console PRNDL indicator....so I just have to check the inst. panel to be sure. and it does show on the left hand side gauges the 1,2,3,4,5,6 (that does light up) showing me what "gear" I am in... Appreciate your reply.....My problem is solved.
sherri (shedra)