2015 - 2020 F-150

Thinking about switching to the OEM LED tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about switching to the OEM LED tail lights

I'm looking to switch from the stock halogen tail lights, to the LED tail lights that you find in the lariat and above. I know that they have the Blind spot system in them, and having an XLT I don't know if that would cause problems. Anyone have suggestions?

Old 06-21-2016, 03:06 PM
I think your lack of response is the fact that it may not have been done yet. I think it would be very expensive to purchase oem led taillights. Different wiring would be needed. Better to find some after market led tails that you like. They are made for retrofitting.

I was not happy to bump up to the lariat and the extra 7,000 for the led package but I really wanted it. Really only wanted the led headlights and taillights, the other stuff just came along for the ride.

Old 06-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor
It's a process to upgrade them. Because they have the BLIND system and I don't know how you'd connect all that.

You could just upgrade the halogen bulbs to LED bulbs... I have all the sizes on my site for your truck. Makes a great impact and the reverse lights are outstanding if you get the high lumen ones. I have an XLT myself and upgraded all of my lights to LED, including the headlights.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs
It's a process to upgrade them. Because they have the BLIND system and I don't know how you'd connect all that.

You could just upgrade the halogen bulbs to LED bulbs... I have all the sizes on my site for your truck. Makes a great impact and the reverse lights are outstanding if you get the high lumen ones. I have an XLT myself and upgraded all of my lights to LED, including the headlights.
Do you have any pictures?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Of the LED's in the rear or of the OEM ones? I have some older photos to compare against the halogen. I don't run the brightest bulbs for my taillights, as I don't want to blind people... I like the LED look. However with the reverse lights I went with the brightest available since they are for backing up... lights are here:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/

LED on left, stock on right

Quick Reply: Thinking about switching to the OEM LED tail lights