2015 - 2020 F-150

popping clicking steering need help !

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
popping clicking steering need help !

hello to all! new to this forum. i bought a new 2015 xlt with sport package. tottally thrilled until at about 800 miles started to have "clicking" "popping" noises from behind steering wheel, miles later now at 1200 miles is getting worse. happens when going at slow speeds and turning; took to the dealer, got verified and they've had it for 3 days and can't figure out the problem i must say a very frusterating issue for a such a new truck that lacks the "newness' it should. very dissapointed at this point. Any ideas? please any comments are welcome !

Old 02-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by serjes99
hello to all! new to this forum. i bought a new 2015 xlt with sport package. tottally thrilled until at about 800 miles started to have "clicking" "popping" noises from behind steering wheel, miles later now at 1200 miles is getting worse. happens when going at slow speeds and turning; took to the dealer, got verified and they've had it for 3 days and can't figure out the problem i must say a very frusterating issue for a such a new truck that lacks the "newness' it should. very dissapointed at this point. Any ideas? please any comments are welcome !
Welcome to the forum, serjes99; congrats on your new truck! Let's see what I can do to help quiet down the noises you've described. Send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work.

Crystal

Old 02-09-2016, 06:55 PM
thank you Crystal for your reply . just sent you a (pm)

Old 02-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Originally Posted by serjes99
thank you Crystal for your reply . just sent you a (pm)
Got it and responded, serjes99; thanks for reaching out!

Crystal

Old 02-11-2017, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
Got it and responded, serjes99; thanks for reaching out!

Crystal
Hello I'm wondering if this issue was resloved? I just bought a 2016 F150 and only have about 1500km on the truck. Having the exact same symptoms. Mine seems to get worse when turning right and is coming from behind the steering wheel. I can also feel it coming from the floor.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Old 02-11-2017, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Dylan Clark
Hello I'm wondering if this issue was resloved? I just bought a 2016 F150 and only have about 1500km on the truck. Having the exact same symptoms. Mine seems to get worse when turning right and is coming from behind the steering wheel. I can also feel it coming from the floor.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Have you talked to your dealer? Always the best first course of action on a vehicle under warranty.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Hi, i understand if you are frustrated i know ,it frustrated me big time,yes the problem was the firewall seal bearing , the intermediate shaft goes through it .has been replaced twice first at around the date of the start of this posting and second two months ago becouse the noise came back. hope this helps guide you and resolves this anoying issue for you.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:57 AM
I haven't talked to the dealer yet as we've had a lot of snow and ice and was thinking it might be ice built up somewhere because I washed the truck which took the noise away for about 10 km. It seems to do it at low speeds and starting at higher speeds now. Kind of sounds like the sway bar link is real loose but more of a click I guess. Hard to explain. Does it when my steering wheel is straight as well. Calling the dealer tomorrow. Thanks for replying to me tho appreciate it.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 PM
Pop / Click

Has the solution been found? I have the same issue. I took it to the dealer and they replaced a coil spring or something in the steering column. It did not fix the problem. now they want me to leave the truck with them. It is very hard to recreate the problem and nearly impossible for the tech to hear it when he is riding with me in the truck. It is more of a feel than an audible sound. very frustrating.

Old 05-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Any updates on this?

Quick Reply: popping clicking steering need help !