2015 - 2020 F-150

Running Board Bracket Stud - need nut size and thread type

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

Originally Posted by crazynip
Actually after a couple tries from the hardware store that was not quite right, I ended up finally finding a dealer that would sell me the part for non-rape prices:

Here is the part number

W706840-S440 $1.19ea

I could not get a nut from any hardware store that worked right and I didnt want to cross thread them.
I think I got the same deal you did( boards and brackets w/o hardware), would anyone be able to list what hardware I need? I stopped by the local ford dealer but they just said the hardware could only be bought in a larger bundle with the brackets.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You probably cross-threaded or messed them up because the thread pitch was off. The ones I got from Ford were perfect and went right on.
Mine are still on, and not messed up with the 270 lb. multiple times a day load test...

Old 09-23-2018, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually think it is a non-standard thread. Like I said, I tried several metric nuts, no off the shelf nut worked. I wasnt going to force the nuts on. You probably cross-threaded or messed them up because the thread pitch was off. The ones I got from Ford were perfect and went right on.
m8-1.25 went right on with no issues on my 2018. Matched that up with a nice washer and it works great. If you feel some resistance it is only due to the paint on the threads. If you are real worried about it just hit the bolts with a wire brush.

Quick Reply: Running Board Bracket Stud - need nut size and thread type