2015 - 2020 F-150

Build Code 16G Black Vinyl Floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build Code 16G Black Vinyl Floor

I am planning to go out of town to purchase a new F150 XLT and I ran the VIN on Edmunds. It shows the code 16G for the vehicle. Photos are not clear enough for me to see the floors but according to VIN info the vehicle has black vinyl flooring.

Does anyone have this type of flooring in their truck? I am wondering if interior noise is going to be louder than carpeting. May be easier to keep clean but vinyl probably wont look as nice as carpet.

Thanks,

Old 09-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

May not be the exact same but.....

My teenage son drives a 2008 Explorer Sport Trac with the black vinyl floor. I really like it, perfect for a teenager. Has held up well and it seems to be fairly thick so no noise issue.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by ab46501
May not be the exact same but.....

My teenage son drives a 2008 Explorer Sport Trac with the black vinyl floor. I really like it, perfect for a teenager. Has held up well and it seems to be fairly thick so no noise issue.
Thanks, AB!

I called the dealer and salesman is going to verify the type of flooring. Vinyl would be fine if I was still working in the oil field but I am not going off-road very often now.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John Patterson
Thanks, AB!

I called the dealer and salesman is going to verify the type of flooring. Vinyl would be fine if I was still working in the oil field but I am not going off-road very often now.
I have a 2015 with vinyl flooring. I love it. The carpet does look nicer at start, but between work and kids the vinyl will look much better in the long run. There is also a thick insulation/ padding under the vinyl floor so noise is no an issue.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:33 PM
I would far prefer the vinyl floor... carpet always gets messed up eventually it seems. Even with the big rubber floor mats, the dirt works around the edges.

I think rubber is the better solution - then just put down some carpet floor mats. That way you have a nice soft floor, and when the carpet gets too dirty you just buy some new floor mats for 50 bucks.

Instead, we all get fancy carpet floors and cover them up with expensive rubber/plastic mats so you can't see the carpet anyway. (well, me at least... not sure if everyone does this... )

If you live in the South then maybe you can get by with just carpet mats over the carpet. But in the North the snow and slush makes a huge mess in the winter so you need deep rubber mats over the carpet.

Quick Reply: Build Code 16G Black Vinyl Floor