2015 - 2020 F-150

Platinum Gauge Settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Platinum Gauge Settings

This Friday (8/14/15) will be my 1 month anniversary of taking delivery of my F-150 Platinum. It has been outstanding! The most impressive feature has been the Adaptive Cruise Control, which I have had ZERO problems with.

It has the 701A option, and I have a question about the gauges. Is there a menu somewhere that you can set the coolant, and tranny temp gauges to display the actual temperature? I know the oil pressure gauge is a "dummy" gauge, and will always read half-scale when the oil pressure reaches ~7PSI of oil pressure.

Thank you!

Old 08-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I think I have the same (or very similar option) in my 2014 Platinum. If It scroll up to the top setting with my steering wheel button, it shows a digital readout of my Trans Temp. And, there appears to be two other "open slots" there that I can scroll to with the "left" arrow. But, I cannot figure out any way to have it display Coolant or Cylinder Head Temperature or the Battery Voltage, which I would like to monitor too.

I think there's something in my Owner's Manual about the Trans Temp display, but I don't recall where I found it.

I'd love to see the Coolant Temp and Battery Voltage there if anyone knows how to do it. In the meantime, I've downloaded Torque App for my smartphone and have ordered an OBD dongle to communicate to it. Haven't gotten the dongle yet.

- jack

Old 03-28-2016, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I think I have the same (or very similar option) in my 2014 Platinum. If It scroll up to the top setting with my steering wheel button, it shows a digital readout of my Trans Temp. And, there appears to be two other "open slots" there that I can scroll to with the "left" arrow. But, I cannot figure out any way to have it display Coolant or Cylinder Head Temperature or the Battery Voltage, which I would like to monitor too.

I think there's something in my Owner's Manual about the Trans Temp display, but I don't recall where I found it.

I'd love to see the Coolant Temp and Battery Voltage there if anyone knows how to do it. In the meantime, I've downloaded Torque App for my smartphone and have ordered an OBD dongle to communicate to it. Haven't gotten the dongle yet.

- jack
I want to put lockouts on my phasers. What tune or programmer do I need? My truck has that diesel tick. I hate it. It's too nice and looks to good to sound like crap. Thanks In advance.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Kevin, I think you posted in the wrong forum. This is the 2015-2016 truck forum, and the thread is about gauges. Please start a new thread in the correct forum.

Before you do that, a search around the forum will tell you all about phaser lockouts, programmers, and tunes. Bottom line - FIX the phasers, lockouts are only bandaids with performance and economy issues.

Quick Reply: Platinum Gauge Settings