2015 - 2020 F-150

2.7 mpg

Old 07-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.7 mpg

Reset this right before my commute this morning. It is 35 miles across the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. All freeway. Cruise is set on 79 which I ran most of the way. There was some stop and go for construction.

Pretty impressive I think for a large vehicle driven at a pretty high rate of speed.

XLT
4x2

Old 07-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You had me with the title of the thread...........I thought WTF.

Yes that is pretty good, congrats.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been averaging 20 mpg in mine but mine went down to 16.5 yesterday on a 75 mile trip to a power lifting completion. But I know why and it wont happen again. I took three lady power lifters with me to compete. Now these ladies are about 275-305 lbs each, plus my 250 lbs and 250 lbs gear. I helped the first one in and I swear it sounded like my truck said " dam". When I got the second one it and the noise from the suspension sounded like it said " you know I am a 2.7, not a 3.5 don't you." I went to help the third one in and her shirt was to short to cover up her BVD under wear band. When she tried to climb in, I swear they stretched out so far that they spelled "Boulevard". When we started to take off it sounded like someone trying to lift something really heavy, you know, fast deep breaths. So I know that the 2.7 doesn't like 3 really big girls in it a one time. Just one. Since they cut out overtime at work, I cant afford to fill up more often. Hell, I'm so broke right now I would have to fart in my bill fold just to have a "scent'. Now that it is back to just me and the wife my mileage is back to normal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.7 mpg