Sunroof Noise - F150online Forums

2015 - 2018 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof Noise

Reply

 
 
  #1  
Old 05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 12
Sunroof Noise

Ever since I bought my truck, I have noticed that the sunroof makes quite a bit of noise when closed. It doesn't seem to fit tightly and it "bounces" making a repetitive thud sound when I hit any sort of bump. I either have to turn the music up, or open the sunroof to stop itů there is no way this is normal.

Anyone else heard of this?
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM
bkool2323's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Western MA
Posts: 171
good luck with your sunroof
 

Last edited by bkool2323; 10-21-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2015, 12:38 PM
FordService's Avatar
Ford Customer Service Team
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 806
Originally Posted by trmitzne View Post
Ever since I bought my truck, I have noticed that the sunroof makes quite a bit of noise when closed. It doesn't seem to fit tightly and it "bounces" making a repetitive thud sound when I hit any sort of bump...
Have you replicated the bounce and noise for your dealer, trmitzne? I'd like to alert your regional customer service manager so they can help. Once they have your info, they'll work with your dealership on getting these concerns resolved. To proceed, send a PM my way with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 17
Same Issue

My 15 is in the shop today for the same issue. It is extremely annoying and I will post what they find.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 17
Update

Sunroof was quiete for 2 days and now its worse than ever. Its going back in on Monday.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-17-2015, 04:45 PM
FordServiceCA's Avatar
Ford Customer Service
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Skinner2 View Post
My 15 is in the shop today for the same issue. It is extremely annoying and I will post what they find.
Originally Posted by Skinner2 View Post
Sunroof was quiete for 2 days and now its worse than ever. Its going back in on Monday.
Do you have any updates for us on this, Skinner2? Please let us know how the sunroof situation worked out.

Brittany
Ford Service CA
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM
TheDutchman's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 122
Wonder if you have the same issue as OgRedd. Turned out to be his sunroof that was making the noise. See his thread:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...nocking-3.html
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TN
Posts: 1,116
Originally Posted by TheDutchman View Post
Wonder if you have the same issue as OgRedd. Turned out to be his sunroof that was making the noise. See his thread:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...nocking-3.html
Right. Needs to be a TSB issued. Seems to be a common occurrence. See here: http://www.f150forum.com/f118/knocki...298438/index5/
- Og
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Moon roof rattle

I am having the same issues with my moon roof - I had it into the dealer for the leak - YES mine leaked too and now the skweek n rattle is worse than ever - no leak now lately but every bump it makes noise.

is there a recall or something out there for this?????

Jeff Bush
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:39 AM
FordService's Avatar
Ford Customer Service Team
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 806
Originally Posted by JBUSH View Post
I am having the same issues with my moon roof - I had it into the dealer for the leak - YES mine leaked too and now the skweek n rattle is worse than ever - no leak now lately but every bump it makes noise.

is there a recall or something out there for this?????...
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. How many miles are on your truck? I'll see what I can do to get that squeak to disappear for good. Additionally, you can check on any recalls that would apply to your vehicle by entering the VIN here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

Crystal
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
I have the same problem with my new F 150. The sunroof rattles on the one side , passenger side ! Any time you go a small bump in the road . It wasn't bad a first. Has got a lot worse in the last few weeks . Has been to Dealer, they are not sure what it is , but they do hear it. It went in for 2 days , just got it back from dealer .... almost all gone but can still hear it , just like when it 1st started. They said they took the glass out of another new truck on the lot and swapped them . Said it was fixed.... not sure about that . Time will tell Truck is only 4 months old .
 
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
FordService's Avatar
Ford Customer Service Team
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 806
Originally Posted by captainal View Post
I have the same problem with my new F 150. The sunroof rattles on the one side , passenger side ! Any time you go a small bump in the road . It wasn't bad a first. Has got a lot worse in the last few weeks . Has been to Dealer, they are not sure what it is , but they do hear it. It went in for 2 days , just got it back from dealer .... almost all gone but can still hear it...
Hi captainal,

Welcome to the site! Did you let your dealer know that the rattle is still there? How many miles are on the truck? I'm here to help.

Crystal
 
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 17
Thank you for all of the info.

My issue is still not resolved and the Dealer now wants to send the truck to a collision centre to have them look at it.

Truck has 7000 miles on it.
I would not classify the noise as a rattle. Its more of a rubbing , clunking noise. only does it when roof is closed. when opened and re closed it goes away for a very short time then starts again. Winter is here so its always closed and is very disappointing.

This will be my last sunroof .......
 
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
FordServiceCA's Avatar
Ford Customer Service
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Skinner2 View Post
Thank you for all of the info.

My issue is still not resolved and the Dealer now wants to send the truck to a collision centre to have them look at it.

Truck has 7000 miles on it.
I would not classify the noise as a rattle. Its more of a rubbing , clunking noise. only does it when roof is closed. when opened and re closed it goes away for a very short time then starts again. Winter is here so its always closed and is very disappointing.

This will be my last sunroof .......
Hi Skinner2,

Let me see if I can assist you in any way; send me a private message with your VIN, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer info. I'll see waht resources are available to help on my end.

Thanks,

Mathieu
 
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 2
Crystal

Originally Posted by FordService View Post
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. How many miles are on your truck? I'll see what I can do to get that squeak to disappear for good. Additionally, you can check on any recalls that would apply to your vehicle by entering the VIN here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

Crystal
Truck has 20,800kms - the noise from the roof is getting worse and worse - seems to have stopped leaking but wow noisy.

VIN
1FTEW1EGXFFA76881

Email - [email protected]

thanks for your assistance.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
08SILVERFX4
Trucks For Sale (2004 - 2014)
4
10-02-2017 11:25 PM
Mrmarcio02
1997 - 2003 F-150
2
09-24-2016 09:20 PM
fsulaxer
2004 - 2008 F-150
11
10-24-2015 06:35 PM
scruffy
V8 Engines
10
09-30-2015 02:17 PM
KevinRuns
Suspension
5
09-10-2015 10:45 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Sponsors

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: