2015 - 2020 F-150

Sunroof Noise

Old 05-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof Noise

Ever since I bought my truck, I have noticed that the sunroof makes quite a bit of noise when closed. It doesn't seem to fit tightly and it "bounces" making a repetitive thud sound when I hit any sort of bump. I either have to turn the music up, or open the sunroof to stop it… there is no way this is normal.

Anyone else heard of this?

Old 05-21-2015, 11:43 AM
good luck with your sunroof

Last edited by bkool2323; 10-21-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trmitzne
Ever since I bought my truck, I have noticed that the sunroof makes quite a bit of noise when closed. It doesn't seem to fit tightly and it "bounces" making a repetitive thud sound when I hit any sort of bump...
Have you replicated the bounce and noise for your dealer, trmitzne? I'd like to alert your regional customer service manager so they can help. Once they have your info, they'll work with your dealership on getting these concerns resolved. To proceed, send a PM my way with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal

Old 10-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Same Issue

My 15 is in the shop today for the same issue. It is extremely annoying and I will post what they find.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Update

Sunroof was quiete for 2 days and now its worse than ever. Its going back in on Monday.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Skinner2
My 15 is in the shop today for the same issue. It is extremely annoying and I will post what they find.
Sunroof was quiete for 2 days and now its worse than ever. Its going back in on Monday.
Do you have any updates for us on this, Skinner2? Please let us know how the sunroof situation worked out.

Brittany
Ford Service CA

Old 11-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wonder if you have the same issue as OgRedd. Turned out to be his sunroof that was making the noise. See his thread:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...nocking-3.html

Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheDutchman
Wonder if you have the same issue as OgRedd. Turned out to be his sunroof that was making the noise. See his thread:
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...nocking-3.html
Right. Needs to be a TSB issued. Seems to be a common occurrence. See here: http://www.f150forum.com/f118/knocki...298438/index5/
- Og

Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Moon roof rattle

I am having the same issues with my moon roof - I had it into the dealer for the leak - YES mine leaked too and now the skweek n rattle is worse than ever - no leak now lately but every bump it makes noise.

is there a recall or something out there for this?????

Jeff Bush

Old 11-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by JBUSH
I am having the same issues with my moon roof - I had it into the dealer for the leak - YES mine leaked too and now the skweek n rattle is worse than ever - no leak now lately but every bump it makes noise.

is there a recall or something out there for this?????...
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. How many miles are on your truck? I'll see what I can do to get that squeak to disappear for good. Additionally, you can check on any recalls that would apply to your vehicle by entering the VIN here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

Crystal

Old 11-20-2015, 09:04 PM
I have the same problem with my new F 150. The sunroof rattles on the one side , passenger side ! Any time you go a small bump in the road . It wasn't bad a first. Has got a lot worse in the last few weeks . Has been to Dealer, they are not sure what it is , but they do hear it. It went in for 2 days , just got it back from dealer .... almost all gone but can still hear it , just like when it 1st started. They said they took the glass out of another new truck on the lot and swapped them . Said it was fixed.... not sure about that . Time will tell Truck is only 4 months old .

Old 11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by captainal
I have the same problem with my new F 150. The sunroof rattles on the one side , passenger side ! Any time you go a small bump in the road . It wasn't bad a first. Has got a lot worse in the last few weeks . Has been to Dealer, they are not sure what it is , but they do hear it. It went in for 2 days , just got it back from dealer .... almost all gone but can still hear it...
Hi captainal,

Welcome to the site! Did you let your dealer know that the rattle is still there? How many miles are on the truck? I'm here to help.

Crystal

Old 11-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Thank you for all of the info.

My issue is still not resolved and the Dealer now wants to send the truck to a collision centre to have them look at it.

Truck has 7000 miles on it.
I would not classify the noise as a rattle. Its more of a rubbing , clunking noise. only does it when roof is closed. when opened and re closed it goes away for a very short time then starts again. Winter is here so its always closed and is very disappointing.

This will be my last sunroof .......

Old 11-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Ford Customer Service
Thank you for all of the info.

My issue is still not resolved and the Dealer now wants to send the truck to a collision centre to have them look at it.

Truck has 7000 miles on it.
I would not classify the noise as a rattle. Its more of a rubbing , clunking noise. only does it when roof is closed. when opened and re closed it goes away for a very short time then starts again. Winter is here so its always closed and is very disappointing.

This will be my last sunroof .......
Hi Skinner2,

Let me see if I can assist you in any way; send me a private message with your VIN, full name, phone number, and servicing dealer info. I'll see waht resources are available to help on my end.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Old 11-25-2015, 01:43 PM
Crystal

Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. How many miles are on your truck? I'll see what I can do to get that squeak to disappear for good. Additionally, you can check on any recalls that would apply to your vehicle by entering the VIN here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account...e/recalls.html

Crystal
Truck has 20,800kms - the noise from the roof is getting worse and worse - seems to have stopped leaking but wow noisy.

VIN
1FTEW1EGXFFA76881

Email - jeffbush46@ford.com

thanks for your assistance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunroof Noise