2015 - 2020 F-150

Submerged F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 01:02 AM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Submerged F150

Yikes. Like Brett on the HP said, I think this is sounds like a screw up. I'm not really buying the dude's story.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:10 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Probably forgot to change the shift lever from reverse to drive!

Old 07-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
My BIL did the same thing with my dads boat back in the 70's. A brand new Chevy 4x4 top of the line got to go for a swim. Where it happened was at a local lake and the water depth was over 100 feet. Never found the truck or trailer. His story, he put it in park, forgot to set the brakes, jumped out to release the chains and tie downs which he did, but when he went to get back in the truck, it jumped out of gear. He did manage to save the boat although we had to buy a new trailer. My opinion was always that in his hurry to get on the water, as he was stepping into the truck, he pulled the shift lever out of park and it knocked him on the ground while the truck went for a swim. Too bad it didn't run over him. Never cared for my sisters choice in who she slept with.
The wife and I still drive up to the local lake and watch the idiots with boats, launch. Most are absolutely clueless and it's a regular circus. I've seen clowns back in the water, unhitch from the truck, get in the boat and drive off, trailer still attached to the boat. I've seen the clowns with drive on trailers manage to hit the trailer with engine wide open and put the boat in the bed of the truck. The best is always the nut job that forgets to put the drainplug in but instantly remembers it when his feet get wet in the boat. Or the guy that has a friend that knows less than he does about boats and lets dimrod hold the rope while he backs up at the speed of light and then hits the brakes sending the boat off of the trailer into the water. Dimrod then gets the rope jerked out of his hands and the boat goes for a self induced ride across the lake with nobody holding the rope or in the boat. Not sure but I think I've seen it all. But yeah, this guys story doesn't add up.

Old 07-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ you left off pulling out of the water just below light speed without having trimmed up the motor.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:53 PM
F150 Town Crier
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
Probably forgot to change the shift lever from reverse to drive!
Ha ha! That's probably not far from the truth....