2015 - 2020 F-150

Dash Cam Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dash Cam Installed

Finally hooked up my dash cam today in my 2017. Went with the BlackVue DR450 1 Channel. Its $119.00 at thedashcamstore.com and comes with a 16gig card.

Also decided to get the Magic Pro for Parking mode. Basically you can choose options as to how long you want to record when truck is off. Goes from 12 hours to 72 hours. Also you cam choose 12.0 or 12.5 volts for the truck battery. If the battery gets below whichever voltage you choose it will shut the camera off.

Install was simple, placed the Camera behing the rear view mirror where it is out of site. Ran the cable up the windshield with the wire clip, across the headliner down the passenger c pillar to the kick panel. Removed kick panel and the fuse box lid. Located constant power and switched power and installed the fuse tap. Ground wire then ran the wires up to the glove box which is where i installed the magic power pro. No wires whatsoever and looks very clean.

Here's a few pics of the install

Passenger side shot to show where i positioned it

Next is the driver view, nothing to see here

Front View looking at the truck. Not the best pic but it doesnt look very obvious.

And the last one is where i installed the power magic pro

Here is the video of the quality. I put the setting to 720p 15FPS so it doesnt fill up the memory card as quick, It has 1080P 30FPS capability. I may switch it back to that. Also i turned on the auto focus and when the sun hit it turned dark until i turned away. I will be turning that back off also.

Here is a Video of Starting the truck and Shutting it Off. I do like how it talks to you so you know its recording. If there is a fault it will also tell you.

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 07-06-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good. I have the 450 in the Edge and the 2 channel 650 in the truck. Been close to 2 years of running and swapped in new SIM cards once as the video quality was getting poor.