2015 - 2020 F-150

Prospective buyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prospective buyer

Hello, I am in the process of shopping for a new vehicle. I'm currently in a 15 Taurus SHO and the lease is up in November. My dealer has called twice about turning the car in early and getting something new. Before the SHO I had a 2011 Silverado and I'm ready to return to a truck.
I've been browsing the forum and I don't see any threads relating to purchasing and what kind of deals people are getting on new trucks. I'm looking at a 2017 XLT with the 3.5L EB w/ 10 speed trans. 302 package with sport appearance pack. Only other option I really want is the 36 gallon tank, but good luck finding a truck in stock with just those options tho.
When shopping online the trucks that come closest are stickered around $49k-$50k

What's a realistic purchase price? Dodge and Chevy seem to be taking close to 10k off sticker. But the new chevys are ugly and don't trust dodge reliability.

My thinking is that the best time to buy would be around August or whenever the 2018s start rolling out.
Also, anyone have any experience with leasing an F150? Are the incentives/rebates the same whether you buy or lease?

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered a 17 XLT SUperCrew Sport pkg with 302a, spray-in, sync connect, a couple minor tweaks and a 5.0. Ive known the salesman for about 10 years so I didnt hesitate to order from his dealer. They sold to me for $500 over cost, plus any rebates that apply to the truck. (Off the top of my head there was either 2k or 2.5k for the 302a and sport package, plus I get $500 bucks for being a first responder. On top of that, theyre was a few RCL incentives that applied. I believe the truck will sticker (not built yet) for about 47, before incentives. I dont have paperwork in front of me, so I cant be sure.

I trust this guy completely. HE told me that incentives are pretty decent now. The only less than ideal is an incentive if you go through FMC they give you another 1k off a buy, but their rates are kinda high. We are closing in on June and there isnt much time left to order a 17 and get whatever you want. The closer you get to the end of the summer, the less choices you have because they are going to start retooling for the 2018's pretty soon.

Worth noting, Ford has had the best selling truck for decades. They know they dont need to give it away it to make sales. Like buying a Jeep Wrangler. Either you buy it, or you dont..

If you have incentive specific questions, pm me, I might be able to share some info.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just got a 2017 3.5/10 speed FX4 302a Xlt. Sticker price was 50,xxx. With financing with ford motor credit and dealer discounts i got the truck to 41,700 before trade in.. Its a small town dealer they only had 6 f150s but it worked to my advantage, they cant give the big discounts as the big dealers do but they needed good clean trade ins. I got $19,000 for my 2013 2wd XLT 301a package with 75,000 miles. Other dealerships that had plenty of used trucks was offering 13500 to 15,000 trade in. So with the extra i made on trade in i feel like i got a great deal.

I wasnt going to finance but i wouldve lost a 2k so it was worth it. I financed the minimum that ford motor credit would allow which is 8k. I'll make my 161 dollar payment for 3 months so the dealer gets their kickback and then pay it off.

If it wasnt for them treating me so well i wouldnt do the 3 payments but i feel they helped me so i can help them a little