2015 - 2020 F-150

questions about 2016 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions about 2016 Limited

so I think I am about to move on from my beloved 2007 Harley Davidson AWD....and I am eyeing a 2016 Limited.

Had a few questions I was hoping to throw out there before I pull the trigger..
1. I love the stock (premium) sound system on my 2007. It has a subwoofer under the larger half of the rear seat that is great. The 2016s dont have this big sub do they? Any thoughts on how the sound compares to my 2007?

2. I am getting caution flags thrown up by my friend the Ford Service Manager and another friend who is a ford mechanic about the ecoboost engines. I think its mostly around the carbon buildup which can lead to blown turbos....unfortunately I want a nicely loaded 2016 and it can be hard to find something fully loaded, used, in a color I like, but with the 5.0 (which they prefer). Is the consensus in here that the ecboost is not reliable long term or will be expensive to repair long term?

3. I believe when I got my HD I read somewhere that one of the modifications for the harley davidson edition was a "sport" or "street" tuned suspension. I have really loved the way it has driven...I mean its a giant hunk of metal barreling down the road but the suspension, low profile tires on 22" wheels, and I assume the full-time AWD have really made driving it more enjoyable than any truck I had driven previously. Does the new limited also have a "sport tuned suspension"? Or is it just the same as an XLT/Lariat with 22s?

4. Related to #3....any reason you couldnt drive a new limited in AWD full time? Should it be used sparingly and when conditions warrant like 4WD or is it just personal preference? Just curious...I dont know how much of the driving factor that I have enjoyed has been related to the AWD vs other factors.

5. Do all modern fords come with sync3? And is sync3 android auto compatible? It looks on the android auto site like 2017 F150 will support android auto but doesnt currently...not sure if this is a software update or what?

6. What tonneau and bed racks (for carrying canoes and such) do you recommend for a 2016? Had a hard fiberglass tonneau on my Harley and am so looking forward to not having one of those any longer!

Thanks!