2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These trucks ride pretty amazing with the factory springs and struts for everyday driving.
However, they do tend to plow into corners and do have body roll which is to be expected with a high center of gravity and the weight of the truck itself.
What made a huge difference in my case was going to a slightly stiffer sidewall tire (LT). Ride is much improved with better cornering. I do have the AS 1.5" and stock coils which still give me a controlled soft ride without any harshness. I was skeptical on going with the LT rating because I don't need the load carrying capacity and was afraid of a buckboard ride associated with many LT tires. However, the BFG KO2's I installed are still very compliant and as noise free as my old Geolander HT's. I did go with the C rated tire, which is less stiff than the E. I would guess about 35% stiffer in sidewall than OEM or P rated tires.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also interested in the Rancho quickLift because I would like to run 35x12.50 BFG KO2s. The only drawback is that I would like to keep my stock 18" wheels (haven't found a 18"-20" aftermarket wheel I like more).

Wondering if 33x12.50R18s would fit stock wheels without the quickLift?

Will I need wheel spacers to run 35x12.50s on stock 18s with the Rancho quickLift?

Minimal offroading (rock filled parking lot to the trail, grass field, etc.)

Old 05-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I would think you could run 33's bone stock but the width of the tire you are wanting it might be a problem. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on that will chime in.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by ab46501
I had the quicklifts on my previous truck, a 2005 F150 and were very happy with them. I had a 2.5 AS spacer on the 2005 before the Rancho and while it worked fine after about 30,000 miles just about every ball joint and the CV axles in my front end had to be replaced. I fixed everything and added the Rancho instead of the spacer and drove the truck another 60,000 before I traded it without any issues.

In my opinion the Ranchos just seem to be easier on the front end and they are adjustable for ride firmness which is a big plus. I bought my 2015 back in August and I went ahead and put on a 1.5 AS spacer with plans to replace once the quicklifts came out. The spacer worked fine (only had it about 5000 miles) and rides pretty much the same as stock. There are many threads and videos out there so I won't go into the installation other than to say it is pretty much same.

After getting everything installed I set the quickLIFTs and the two RS9000XL rear shocks to the 4 setting which is right in the middle. All are adjustable from 1 to 9 with 9 being the firmest setting.

I was able to tell a difference right away. The truck felt more planted to the road and had way less body roll in the turns. With the 4 setting the ride might be slightly firmer than stock but in no way uncomfortable. To me it feels like it should have come this way from the factory. I may adjust the settings some as time goes on but right now it is very close to perfect in my opinion.

From the ground the amount of lift that I got with the spacer to the middle of my front fender well was 38 and 7/8 inches. After replacing the spacer with the quicklifts the middle of the fender is at 39 and 3/4 inches. Both measurements include the addition of the 275/60/20 BFG KO2's. My experience suggest that the quicklifts will settle some over time so I will probably end up around 39 and 1/2.

A really big thanks goes out to Matt over at Rancho for getting a set into my hands right away.

looks good, so is this equivalent to say a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jaxx
looks good, so is this equivalent to say a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit?
Yes I am currently sitting with about 2.25 of lift.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:25 AM
I had the quicklifts on my previous truck, a 2005 F150 and were very happy with them. I had a 2.5 AS spacer on the 2005 before the Rancho and while it worked fine after about 30,000 miles just about every ball joint and the CV axles in my front end had to be replaced. I fixed everything and added the Rancho instead of the spacer and drove the truck another 60,000 before I traded it without any issues.

In my opinion the Ranchos just seem to be easier on the front end and they are adjustable for ride firmness which is a big plus. I bought my 2015 back in August and I went ahead and put on a 1.5 AS spacer with plans to replace once the quicklifts came out. The spacer worked fine (only had it about 5000 miles) and rides pretty much the same as stock. There are many threads and videos out there so I won't go into the installation other than to say it is pretty much same.

After getting everything installed I set the quickLIFTs and the two RS9000XL rear shocks to the 4 setting which is right in the middle. All are adjustable from 1 to 9 with 9 being the firmest setting.

I was able to tell a difference right away. The truck felt more planted to the road and had way less body roll in the turns. With the 4 setting the ride might be slightly firmer than stock but in no way uncomfortable. To me it feels like it should have come this way from the factory. I may adjust the settings some as time goes on but right now it is very close to perfect in my opinion.

From the ground the amount of lift that I got with the spacer to the middle of my front fender well was 38 and 7/8 inches. After replacing the spacer with the quicklifts the middle of the fender is at 39 and 3/4 inches. Both measurements include the addition of the 275/60/20 BFG KO2's. My experience suggest that the quicklifts will settle some over time so I will probably end up around 39 and 1/2.

A really big thanks goes out to Matt over at Rancho for getting a set into my hands right away.
Hoping you can help me. I got the same parts for front.

The big issue is I don't see how the bolt is going to get past the adjustment ****. Did you take the **** off?

Also I still need to pry another inch or so and it already seems like I am going to break something. Which instructions did you follow? Seems like I may need to remove the arm. Worst case I can cut those though if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tibo; 07-23-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tibo
Hoping you can help me. I got the same parts for front.

The big issue is I don't see how the bolt is going to get past the adjustment ****. Did you take the **** off?

Also I still need to pry another inch or so and it already seems like I am going to break something. Which instructions did you follow? Seems like I may need to remove the arm. Worst case I can cut those though if needed.

Thanks in advance.
The flange that the bolt goes through will rotate. It is very stiff so you will probably need to use a wrench to turn it enough so the bolt will clear the ****.

Stage3 motorsports has a pretty good video of how to install. I did not remove the lower control arm. I did disconnect the cv shaft go give me more room to work and then used a pry bar to push down the lower arm while sliding the strut in.

Old 09-16-2016, 10:51 PM
I've installed the Rancho Quicklift Loaded on my SuperCab and got 3 1/2 inches of lift in the front. It's been about 2 weeks since the install and have not experienced any settling yet.
I also installed the rear RS9000XLs just like the OP, but I got a full 1" more lift. Has anybody else experienced this?? I feel the suspension hit full droop over medium bumps, every speedbump. Rides great on smooth road and definitely a firmer ride than stock, but the jarring, unsettling feeling of hitting full droop often on bumps is a deal breaker... I went from 37 3/4" ground to fender to 41 1/4" ground to fender.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:08 PM
Forgot to attach!

Attached Thumbnails 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed-img_4350.jpg   2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed-img_4357.jpg   2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed-img_4365.jpg  
Old 09-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Former Sponsor
What engine by chance?
And for the rear, it is a stock height shock and there isn't enough of a gas charge to 'lift" it up.
Let us know!
Thanks

Is it 2WD by chance?

Originally Posted by JMan2015
I've installed the Rancho Quicklift Loaded on my SuperCab and got 3 1/2 inches of lift in the front. It's been about 2 weeks since the install and have not experienced any settling yet.
I also installed the rear RS9000XLs just like the OP, but I got a full 1" more lift. Has anybody else experienced this?? I feel the suspension hit full droop over medium bumps, every speedbump. Rides great on smooth road and definitely a firmer ride than stock, but the jarring, unsettling feeling of hitting full droop often on bumps is a deal breaker... I went from 37 3/4" ground to fender to 41 1/4" ground to fender.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JMan2015
The only way I could see getting that much lift is by installing 4x4 shocks on a 4x2.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks
What engine by chance?
And for the rear, it is a stock height shock and there isn't enough of a gas charge to 'lift" it up.
Let us know!
Thanks

Is it 2WD by chance?
I apologize for not being clear. The rear did not raise at all, it is exactly the same height.

I have a 2015 XLT 5.0 V8 4x4.

Old 09-20-2016, 11:42 AM

That seems to be an extreme amount of lift for this set up. I have to think something is off someplace but I am not sure what it could be that would cause that. Do you have any pictures of your CV angles?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor
This, I haven't heard about this.
Post up pics, I may have you go straight to Tech on this.
Matt

That seems to be an extreme amount of lift for this set up. I have to think something is off someplace but I am not sure what it could be that would cause that. Do you have any pictures of your CV angles?

Old 09-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Here is a shot of the UCA and ball joint angle. I've double checked everything and it looks correct.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed-img_4362.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed