Old 05-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks
Needs more rain Ha!
Dried quickly

Old 05-09-2016, 09:54 AM
I recently picked up a '15 XLT Sport SCrew, and keep looking at the Ranchos. I would rather do the work myself and save some $$. But in everyone's opinion, would you install these yourself, or spend the money to get someone else to install. They don't look that complex to install. One guy I called wants $500-600 to install.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by nike07
I recently picked up a '15 XLT Sport SCrew, and keep looking at the Ranchos. I would rather do the work myself and save some $$. But in everyone's opinion, would you install these yourself, or spend the money to get someone else to install. They don't look that complex to install. One guy I called wants $500-600 to install.
I installed myself in my driveway, they are not complex. I am not a mechanic but I do have a good tools. You can search the threads on here and youtube for videos on how to install a spacer or strut to get an idea of what it takes. Spacer install is basically the same thing.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor
Yep, if you have the patience you can do this on your own. Get an alignment though.

Originally Posted by ab46501
I installed myself in my driveway, they are not complex. I am not a mechanic but I do have a good tools. You can search the threads on here and youtube for videos on how to install a spacer or strut to get an idea of what it takes. Spacer install is basically the same thing.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:49 AM
As you said, reading the threads and watching the videos, it doesn't seem hard. I'm no mechanic either, just know my way around the truck. It's not like I'm swapping out an engine. I'll probably be taking a stab at these! Thanks.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am seriously looking at these for all four corners on my Expedtion EL.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor
So your PM just popped up and I was like, he has to have an Expedition if one per corner

Originally Posted by Glen R
I am seriously looking at these for all four corners on my Expedtion EL.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:37 PM

As you said, reading the threads and watching the videos, it doesn't seem hard. I'm no mechanic either, just know my way around the truck. It's not like I'm swapping out an engine. I'll probably be taking a stab at these! Thanks.
If you have air tools that is great but if not I highly recommend a good breaker bar.

Also a pry bar to push the lower control arm down to slide the factory strut out will come in real handy.

Just make sure the truck is secure on jack stands!

Old 05-12-2016, 01:47 PM
what is a hubcap???

Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Good to hear. One question- have you noticed that the quick lifts make more noise? Ever since mine were installed I have a rattle/clunk over bumps. Not super loud, I would compare it to a loose hubcap or something like that. It definitely did not have the noise before the install..
what is a hubcap???

Old 05-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Just went about installing the front struts and rear shocks. Was almost a complete success until i went to install the driverside strut and noticed stage 3 motorsports never sent the lowet bolts and nuts with the strut... keep in mind, passenger side is 100% done and drive side is jacked up and stock strut 100% removed...not a happy day... pics and update to follow.

Last edited by nike07; 05-14-2016 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:54 PM
Well I have had my quick lifts on for about 1000 miles or so and here are my thoughts- I am not in love with them. I like the adjustability but that really is where the list ends. They are rough over speed bumps and similar situations. My truck also developed a clunk that I can't track down after install. I think it may be the sway bar end links. They also gave me too much lift, as in 2.5-2.75 inches and I feel like my cv angles etc are at too sharp of angles. They really should not be advertised as 2 inches when they are more. I already spent 400$ for the install and alignment, so it is hard to justify paying again to have them removed. Looking back I wish I would have stuck with my original, less expensive plan of just doing a 1.5" spacer. I was really hoping I would love them but so far I just don't. I am glad others are enjoying them..

Old 05-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Just went about installing the front struts and rear shocks. Was almost a complete success until i went to install the driverside strut and noticed stage 3 motorsports never sent the lowet bolts and nuts with the strut... keep in mind, passenger side is 100% done and drive side is jacked up and stock strut 100% removed...not a happy day... pics and update to follow.
It was Friday the 13th! Seriously though that stinks but I am sure they will send out new bolts ASAP. I know its a few days late but you might be able to pull one of the bolts off the side you do have and take to an auto parts store to see if they could match them.

Well I have had my quick lifts on for about 1000 miles or so and here are my thoughts- I am not in love with them. I like the adjustability but that really is where the list ends. They are rough over speed bumps and similar situations. My truck also developed a clunk that I can't track down after install. I think it may be the sway bar end links. They also gave me too much lift, as in 2.5-2.75 inches and I feel like my cv angles etc are at too sharp of angles. They really should not be advertised as 2 inches when they are more. I already spent 400$ for the install and alignment, so it is hard to justify paying again to have them removed. Looking back I wish I would have stuck with my original, less expensive plan of just doing a 1.5" spacer. I was really hoping I would love them but so far I just don't. I am glad others are enjoying them..
Sorry to hear you still have the clunk. I know from prior experience that sway bar links can make a popping sound if not correct. I do agree also that you get more than 2 inches of lift. Mine started out around 2.5 and have now worked down to about 2.25. I don't feel my CV angles are that bad though.

I have really felt like the ride is much better on mine all around. What setting do you have the dials at?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:50 PM
It was Friday the 13th! Seriously though that stinks but I am sure they will send out new bolts ASAP. I know its a few days late but you might be able to pull one of the bolts off the side you do have and take to an auto parts store to see if they could match them.

Sorry to hear you still have the clunk. I know from prior experience that sway bar links can make a popping sound if not correct. I do agree also that you get more than 2 inches of lift. Mine started out around 2.5 and have now worked down to about 2.25. I don't feel my CV angles are that bad though.

I have really felt like the ride is much better on mine all around. What setting do you have the dials at?
I have them set at 4 right now. It's the rebound that I feel is too harsh.. but that is to be expected for a coil over lift.. it just seems they could have been softer considering that they are giving .5" too much lift already.. my truck definitely feels more planted, I just don't know if for me personally it is worth it.. I think I will end up doing a 1.5 spacer and then install a rear sway bar to help with body roll.. still trying to figure out what I want to do.. rancho offers a 90 day free ride policy, so I have a little time to decide..

Old 05-16-2016, 03:03 PM

I have them set at 4 right now. It's the rebound that I feel is too harsh.. but that is to be expected for a coil over lift.. it just seems they could have been softer considering that they are giving .5" too much lift already.. my truck definitely feels more planted, I just don't know if for me personally it is worth it.. I think I will end up doing a 1.5 spacer and then install a rear sway bar to help with body roll.. still trying to figure out what I want to do.. rancho offers a 90 day free ride policy, so I have a little time to decide..
They typically tend to soften and settle after a while but I have not experienced near as much of that with the new truck. If you do end up going back to the spacer let me know I have the 1.5 AS spacers that came out of mine laying around. Would make you good deal on them.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:46 PM
They typically tend to soften and settle after a while but I have not experienced near as much of that with the new truck. If you do end up going back to the spacer let me know I have the 1.5 AS spacers that came out of mine laying around. Would make you good deal on them.
I appreciate that! I will probably take you up on that.. pm me a price..

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed