2015 - 2020 F-150

Another newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another newbie

Hi to everyone. I'm new to the Ford pick up world. I just bought a 2015 4x4 sport. Not many bells and whistles but it has already had its fair share of problems, a coolant hose popped off and sprayed anti freeze all over the engine compartment, the rotors needed to be turned ( 10k ) on them and I have yet to tow with it. A bad ground so the dealer had it for 6 days on that one, and I just got it back from the body shop because there was transparent paint on the driver side rocker panel. There has been a few other little items but those are the biggies. Anyone else having dumb luck?

Old 08-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Another newbie

Welcome to the site. It's a shame you're having so many problems. Hope you get it straightened out.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've only had mine for a couple months (just under 4k miles). No major issues. The only thing going on right now is the left rear TPMS seems to stop reporting in every once in awhile. I need to get it checked out.

Hope you're done having trouble with it.

Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 77bronco
Hi to everyone. I'm new to the Ford pick up world. I just bought a 2015 4x4 sport. Not many bells and whistles but it has already had its fair share of problems, a coolant hose popped off and sprayed anti freeze all over the engine compartment, the rotors needed to be turned ( 10k ) on them and I have yet to tow with it. A bad ground so the dealer had it for 6 days on that one, and I just got it back from the body shop because there was transparent paint on the driver side rocker panel. There has been a few other little items but those are the biggies. Anyone else having dumb luck?
Welcome to the forum, 77bronco; congrats on the new rig! I'm glad your dealership addressed those items for you. If anything comes up in the future, feel free to give me a shout; I'm here to help!

Originally Posted by TheDutchman
I've only had mine for a couple months (just under 4k miles). No major issues. The only thing going on right now is the left rear TPMS seems to stop reporting in every once in awhile. I need to get it checked out...
Hi TheDutchman,

When do you plan on having that pesky TPMS sensor looked at? How many miles are on your truck? Let me know; I'll check out options to assist.

Crystal

Old 08-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Hi Crystal, Hopefully I'll be able to get it checked out this weekend. I just went over 4k miles this past weekend. Thank you!

Old 08-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Hi Crystal, Hopefully I'll be able to get it checked out this weekend. I just went over 4k miles this past weekend. Thank you!
Thanks for responding, TheDutchman! I'll be happy to escalate this up to your regional customer service manager; they'll work with your dealership to ensure this is resolved. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal

Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 AM
TPMS sensors replaced

Finally got my truck to the dealer this past weekend. Both rear TPMS sensors were occasionally not reporting in. They tested them and detected a failure. So they replaced them under warranty.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Finally got my truck to the dealer this past weekend. Both rear TPMS sensors were occasionally not reporting in. They tested them and detected a failure. So they replaced them under warranty.
I'm glad they took care of you, TheDutchman! If you need any assistance in the future, just give me a shout.

Crystal

Old 09-28-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks Crystal!

Old 09-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks Crystal!
You're welcome, TheDutchman; have a fantastic day!

Crystal

Old 09-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crystal, did you just imply you are buying us all beers tonight?!!!

Old 09-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Mpkav
Crystal, did you just imply you are buying us all beers tonight?!!!
LOL! Imaginary root beers for everyone, Mpkav!

Crystal

Old 10-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 77bronco
Hope they resolve your new truck issues. New vehicle designs can be problematic. I never buy anything in its first year of a new design production.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:51 AM
I was a little hesitant to buy the new 2015 F150, but the 3.5 V6 EB I bought has been in the F150 since 2011. I think the 5.0 V8 has been around just as long. The only major new design I saw was the aluminum body, and after watching the torture tests, I was sold. I realize corrosion is a possibility over time, but my 2004 F150 started to show signs of rust after about 6 years. We'll see what happens over time, but I think I'll be able to get more years out of the aluminum body.

Quick Reply: Another newbie