2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 F150 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven bought a use car, nor made a payment on multiple new cars since 1995. Most certainly not rich, just know how to manage money and my own impulses. Whatever new truck I end up getting will paid in full at time of purchase. At this point leaning towards the new raptor.

If you go way back, the first thing we did with the 01 screw was quality shocks, skid plates, MTRs, and hydraulic winch. We then did a Mexico to Canada off road trip over 30 days. Been with the scrub brush pin stripes ever since and these days I don't give a crap about its resale value. I guarantee I've had more enjoyment from my truck than some guy waxing his weekly and treating it like something special.

Last edited by stuck screw; 10-06-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stuck screw
If you go way back, the first thing we did with the 01 screw was quality shocks, skid plates, MTRs, and hydraulic winch.
Why do you prefer a hydraulic winch?

Old 10-06-2016, 05:00 PM
I understand paying with cash for a truck but with interest rates as low as they are you are better off investing the money and only putting down a cash payment that keeps your monthly note reasonably manageable.

I also understand people that buy $60K+ trucks and completely use the hell out of them. Contractors, outdoorsmen, etc.

Old 10-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazynip
Nice camper bro...

This is kind of like the guy who owns a Mercedes but lives in a double-wide trailer
So let me get this straight, getting anything other than a poverty spec truck is wasting money but you have to have a high spec camper to drag through the Rockies... No thanks, I'll take the POS camper out for fishing trips where I really don't care if it gets torn up.

PS: Mercedes are junk.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:36 PM

My kids with my truck

This is the second Platinum for our family, the first was a 2011 and it worked great for 5 years and sold for more than half of what I bought it for. Since I frequently haul these kids long distances around here in Alaska on our 'highways of death' I prefer to have some comfort along with some mass. Looked at the Limited and other than cosmetic differences (which didn't appeal to me), this Platinum has what I want for comfort, style and function. I could have spent less, but I'm getting old, and have been financially blessed, so I drive happy.

Old 10-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by cyberdoc

This is the second Platinum for our family, the first was a 2011 and it worked great for 5 years and sold for more than half of what I bought it for. Since I frequently haul these kids long distances around here in Alaska on our 'highways of death' I prefer to have some comfort along with some mass. Looked at the Limited and other than cosmetic differences (which didn't appeal to me), this Platinum has what I want for comfort, style and function. I could have spent less, but I'm getting old, and have been financially blessed, so I drive happy.
Good for you and nice looking kids. I have a 2010 Platinum with 145k on the odometer. I'm planning on getting a 2018 Platinum to replace it. Mine still looks and runs great. People can't believe it when I tell them it's 7 years old. Hope I can get a decent price for it when I trade it.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by WoodsTruck
Why do you prefer a hydraulic winch?
Trying to cross the Bill Williams River north of Lake Alamo in AZ. Imagine trying to pull yourself across 300 yards of deep sand with mud in 115f heat using an electric. Hydraulics can be pulled to stall all day and night and will never overheat. Electrics are great for some things, but nothing pulls like hydraulic. No hydraulics is the single biggest negative of the F150 to me.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Are you people going to help the original poster of this thread instead of doing a take off hi-jack?

Old 07-21-2017, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bluegrass
Are you people going to help the original poster of this thread instead of doing a take off hi-jack?
Two things:

- the original poster didn't have a question, it was just a post about the Limited

- since the original post was over 2 years ago, if there was a question, it has probably been answered

Old 07-23-2017, 05:28 PM
OK, so it was the fuse socket pins. I wiggled the fuse and the ac turned cold. How would you recommend making the fuse socket pins tight again?

Old 10-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Crazynip on crack

I pull up to a Country Club pretty regularly in my Platinum. One, I don't care about the thoughts of pretentious people or what they think about what I drive. Two, I've actually had members who drive BMW's come and view the interior of my non-luxurious truck. Maybe you're the only knucklehead who doesn't understand the term luxurious crazynip. Mine's not even a Limited, but it's damn sure luxurious!

Resale value compared:
2017 BMW 740i starting at $81,000
2016 BMW 740i $54,400 (Fair purchase price KBB)
2015 BMW 740i $37,500 (Fair purchase price KBB)

2017 F-150 Platinum starting at $53,500
2016 F-150 Platinum $46,400 (Fair purchase price KBB)
2015 F-150 Platinum $42,200 (Fair purchase price KBB)

Yeah about that BMW resale value...LMFAO! $30,000 more brand new but after just two years the non-luxurious Platinum "truck" is worth almost $5,000 more. Haha hahahahahaha

Old 05-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
I hate this marketing bull****

At the end of the day, it's a truck. It's not a Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, or Jaguar or Bentley or Rolls or Cadillac or even a Lincoln

It might be almost as comfortable as what is termed a "Luxury vehicle", but it is not a prestigious vehicle. But it has the price tag approaching ludicrous...

To the average person, they will not know the difference between an F150 XLT and a Limited. It's a truck to them, so in essence you people buying these $60-$70,000 are just like the "corvette guy" for trucks

For about $1000-$2000, I could probably buy all those parts, put them on my XLT and look super cool, as I pull up to the valet line behind a line of BMW's and Mercedes, right?
The f150 will still be on the road while that euro trash sits there and collects dust

Old 05-01-2020, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by David001
The f150 will still be on the road while that euro trash sits there and collects dust
Next time you wait 3 years to offer a rebuttal, make it count. I have a 2020 F150 and a 2017 BMW 440 convertible. Not once have I compared them and both are fine vehicles.
The higher trim levels are still exactly as much a truck as an XLT. It's a tru k with nice trim. It isn't a Luxury car but it is a truck with some luxurious features. Who cares how Ford markets it and who buys them. At least they resisted the urge to brand it a Lincoln this time around.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Naysayer

Originally Posted by bkool2323
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it looks someone had some spare baseball glove leather and went wild. Way to busy for me.
Sounds to me likw you never drove a ford truck in your entire life and like your jelouse us men go to work wveryday and some of us live in our trucks. You gonna buy the cheapest walmart bed im gonna get a sleep number and your gonna wake up hurting and i wont! A totalled f150 is worth more by the day than any ***** x5. My friend had an x5 and it was my ford f150 that toed him home. Id rather pull him with comfort cause it looks like he needs a ride again his x5 blew up!lmao later girly man

Old 11-17-2021, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by leikos
I doubt it, at least not here, but who cares if they do? Let 'em roll their eyes if they want. What I do know is that when you pull up to a nice restaurant with your X5 loaded up like you're headed out on an African expedition, that you'll have a good laugh with the valet.
I think my next pair of work boots will be Nike and my next pair of running shoes will be red wings. Genius, much like the mercedes benz g63 amg 6x6 becoming the benchmark for all trucks and never laughed at its ridiculousness by people who own trucks. Gtfoh

Last edited by banditvasquez; 11-17-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Limited