2015 - 2020 F-150

Double horn honk on exit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand why my Fusion hybrid does that, but it would annoy me if my truck did.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:00 AM
You can disable the double honk with FORScan.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:35 AM
The lawsuits are happening with Chrysler products. I have rented one of the affected cars. They have a goofy shifter that does not positively tell you that you're in park so it's easy to leave in drive even though you think you put it in park. If you hit the start/stop button and the car isn't in park the motor stays running. Next thing you know you are exiting a running vehicle while in drive. Very easy to do if you aren't familiar with the issue. Muscle memory is a powerful thing.

It's not always stupid.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Forscan can disable. Tread lightly though, you can mess stuff up with this program.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Leave extra FOB in car

Hi,
I own a 2014 Taurus Limited and the double honk was so annoying. Yes, you can not completely shut the driver door, but that would cause the unlock by touching the inside of the door handle to not work. You could leave the FOB in the car, but then you can't lock the door. Turn the engine off - well, that defeats the purpose since we're trying to eliminate the warning if the car is running.

The solution is to leave your extra FOB in the car. When I leave my extra in the car, everything functions properly and it eliminates the warning. I can lock the door by tapping the outside of the door handle or by pressing lock on the key I take with me. I have a keypad as well, so I'm not concerned about locking myself out.

If you have an extra key with intelligent access, try this. Maybe it will work with your vehicle also. Ignitions with a physical key, I unfortunately do not know how to disable it.

EDIT: I understand this is an old thread, but if someone Googles the question, maybe they'll come across this and it work for them too.

Last edited by Natordog; 04-23-2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 04-23-2017, 10:56 PM
Just an addition

BTW, I would not recommend leaving the extra in the vehicle permanently since it can be started that way. I don't leave mine in if I'm away from the car for any extended period. Since you can drive the car keyless once it's already running, I figure I'm not really sacrificing anything by leaving it in there when I get out for a few minutes.

Last edited by Natordog; 04-23-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Wording

Quick Reply: Double horn honk on exit?