2009 - 2014 F-150

Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay

I have an 2011 Lariat supercrew. I ordered it in Oct. of 2010. I ordered it with the Lariat Plus package and the Max Tow package. So that gave me the Tow mirrors instead of the regular Power Fold mirrors. A few years ago I bought a set of 2013 Powerscope Tow mirrors. I just now got around to putting them on the truck. I decided to put Puddle Lamps in the Powerscope because I like the illumination. That went well. I then put the mirrors on the truck and installed the correct switch that controls the Power Fold function. I haven't done the wiring for the Power Extend or Marker Light. I'm having a problem with the Power Fold not working on the mirrors. The rest of the mirror functions work fine (Power adjust, signal, memory, etc.). In my research I found out about a Relay that's suppose to control the Power Fold function.
Last weekend I decided to get behind the rear seat to see if there was a relay for the folding mirrors back there. Or at the very least the harness and plug for the relay. Once I got the seat back down and got the cover pulled away I took a look for a harness or a plug for a relay. All that was there was the motor and cables for the sliding rear window, and the wires going to it. Then wires and a grey plug for the heated rear window. That's it. No other wires or harness. So now I'm stumped. The thing I keep going back to, is when I ordered the truck with the Max Tow package, it gave me the Tow mirrors instead of the Power fold mirrors that came with the Lariat Plus package. Maybe that was cause to eliminate the harness? I went to the Ford ETIS site and put in my VIN number to see what it said. This is some of what I saw:
Lariat/Luxury version - LT. TRK.
(-) Version packages.
with Power Equipment group.
Memory package III.
Less Luxury package.
Drivers Power/Htd/Pud/Mn/T. Tow mirror.
Pass Power/Htd/Pud/Mn/T. Tow mirror.
with Signal Mirror system.
Feature content Group 1.
Adjustable Accl./Brake foot pedals.
So I'm still wondering, because of the Manual Fold Tow mirrors being installed in lue of the regular Power Fold Mirrors, did that cancel out the harness for the Power Fold Relay? Has anyone heard of something like this? I haven't had any luck in my research.....

Attached Thumbnails Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay-13oct30_0001aw.jpg   Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay-18may06_0008aw.jpg   Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay-18may06_0003aw.jpg  

Last edited by Scarlet; 05-12-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been looking nearly every day on line trying to find information for a solution. This is what I've come up with. "Some" information claims, that on my model of truck, that the DSM (Driver Seat Module) under the drivers seat controls the Power Fold function, and that there is not a Relay located behind the seat. If that is the case, I would need to go to the dealer for a programming. Other Information says, There is a Power Fold Relay. But it is not located Directly Behind the rear seat back. Rather, it is located behind the drivers side trim panel at the rear of the Cab, and it is located down near the floor. I found a video showing it's location. So, when I get a chance I'm gonna drop the seat back once again, remove the trim panel to see what I shall see. Hopefully there will be a harness with no Relay.

Quick Reply: Is there an Alternate location for Power Mirror Fold Relay