2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?

Friends,

Haven't posted in a long time. Looking for some assistance. Searched the threads, but couldn't find an answer.

Pulled out of the garage the other day, but not quite far enough. Hit the garage door closer, and heard a noise. Yeah, was about a foot not far enough outside the garage. The garage door hit the tailgate bezel that houses the backup camera and Ford emblem. The garage door knocked the Ford emblem off the bezel. The bezel is still attached to the tailgate securely, and the backup camera still works.

However... The 7 inch Ford emblem had the two mounting pins broken off. It also looks like there was some sort of anchor in the bezel that grabbed the mounting pins from the emblem. One of them fell down into the bezel, and the other won't stay put.

So, two questions. Does the OEM replacement have the anchors already attached to mounting pins? If not, looks like I'll need a new bezel. Second question. Are the two hex head fasteners on the bezel screws or bolts with nuts behind the tailgate. I'm not sure if I would need need to remove the tailgate protector to get to the nuts. Ebay has some OEM postings for about $60 for the emblem & bezel. I have attached three photos. One shows the emblem, next the back of the emblem and the two broken off mounting pins, and the third the bezel.

Wondering what I need to purchase and what kind of surgery is required.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Thumbnails 2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?-ford-7-inch-emblem.jpg   2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?-ford-7-inch-emblem-backside.jpg   2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?-ford-tailgate-bezel.jpg  

Last edited by BeagleMan; 01-15-2018 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something pertinent

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Tailgate Emblem and Bezel Replacement?